This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Name: Janine Ogurian

Age: 22

Hometown: Brampton

Program: 4th Year English

What is your favourite restaurant and your favourite meal to eat there? My favourite restaurant is Jack Astor’s and my favourite things to eat there are the beer cheddar soup and the fajitas!

Describe your dream vacation:My dream vacation is a cruise around the Mediterranean and Europe.

Which do you like best: mountains, oceans, forests, or deserts? Why?Oceans, because I love to swim.

What is your social media platform of choice? Facebook and Pinterest.

What is the best thing about studying English at Ryerson? The chance to explore topics I love from a variety of in-depth perspectives. I find that I gain lasting knowledge through reading a number of novels on a certain topic and expanding on what I have learned through essay writing, whereas the memorization of a slew of textbook-based facts may disappear immediately after a midterm in another course.

If I could add a course subject to the English curriculum, it would be…. The Romance novel.

What book(s) are you currently reading?I am currently reading Jamaica Kincaid’s A Small Place and Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love for a course in travel literature.

Where’s your favourite place to be on campus? The Ram in the Rye for nachos and Billy’s! Or Balzac’s or the SLC to study.

How can students connect with the English Union should they want to get involved? The best way to connect with us is to join our Facebook group, English at Ryerson, where we post news about events and anything happening in the English department. From there, students can contact us directly, or come out to our events to meet our exec team face to face! They can also contact any of us by our personal emails, which they can find on the Ryerson English Department’s page!

Lena Lahalih

Toronto MU

Lena is a fourth year English major at Ryerson University and this year's Editor-in-Chief.   You can follow her on Twitter: @_LENALAHALIH  
Ben Samuels

Toronto MU '16

Benjamin is a reluctant third-year English major at Ryerson University and the newly minted Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Ryerson.You can reach Benjamin on twitter and instagram @iamsashagay, and by email at benjaminkent@hercampus.com