5 Things To Do When You Finish Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

You walk out of the exam hall and a weight lifts off your shoulders. You hoist your backpack and yell to the sky, “I AM FREE” (or, if shouting to the heavens isn’t your style, you excitedly text your friends). The end of exams is awesome — except… what are you going to do now that your days won’t be filled with the precarious combination of pretending to study, procrastinating studying, and actually studying? Before you start your summer job or even summer school, here are some ways to celebrate the end of the school year.

1. Relax — you’ve earned it.

Essays. Final assignments. Exams. The end of the school year is hectic, so once you’re finished, make sure you take some time to relax. Have a bubble bath, catch up on your favourite Netflix drama or catch up on the sleep you missed this semester. You deserve it.

2. Do the things you didn’t have time to do during the year.

I can’t count how many times I heard people say, “Oh, I love to [insert activity here] but I just have no time during school.” The end of the school year is the perfect opportunity to make time for those activities, be it reading, going to the gym, baking or doing anything else.

3. Get organized.

Studying for exams can sometimes leave your room in a state of disrepair, with cue cards and notes scattered on every available surface. Now that it’s summer, take some time to clean up your study materials. Clean your backpack, too — your September self will thank you.

4. Reflect on your year.

The end of the school year is a great time to look back and reflect. What are you proud of? What would you change? By reflecting on these things, you can take some learning experiences from your year, and find ways to apply those to next year!

5. Celebrate!

When your friends are finished their exams, get the #squad together and go out for dinner. If your friends don’t live near you, this is a great way to say goodbye for the summer and to make some new memories to tide you over until September. Plus it’s a way for you to celebrate finishing a year of school — a win-win! What are you up to now that you’re done exams? Tweet us @HCRyerson and let us know!

Journalism student, blogger and cat lover.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.