10 Quirky Questions with Ruby Sahota

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

By Raizel Harjosubroto

1. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?

I’d be an elephant. They’re very intelligent and caring animals and they’ve always been my favourite. I feel a connection to elephants, as odd as that may sound, but everything about them, from their floppy ears to their large size, always appealed to me.

2. Who is your favorite superhero and why?

My favourite superhero would have to be Spider-Man. I grew up watching Spider-Man cartoons and the movies. My love for Spider-Man grew after the movies were released with Toby Maguire. I think the casting was done really well.

3. If you could go any where in the world where would you go and why?

I would love to go to Ecuador. When I was younger, an older gentleman, who is also a family friend, showed me his collection of insects he had gotten from Ecuador. All the different species and their colours and sizes interested me and ever since, I’ve wanted to visit. I’d also love to hike around the Amazon jungle and see the Galapagos Islands.

4. Describe yourself in three words.

Describing yourself is a little odd, so I asked my friends do to it for me. They said genuine, forgiving and caring, which seems accurate. ;)

5. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?

I’ve always wanted to go underwater diving. Being able to see the amazing things in the ocean, like the plants and animals, seems so serene. I don’t think I’d ever be able to accomplish that though, considering I’m afraid of going to deep and getting lost, and most importantly, I can’t swim.

6. What is your dream job?

Until recently, my dream job was to be a marine biologist. I’ve always loved marine animals and working with them would have been a dream. Unfortunately, I can’t swim and I’m not strong when it comes to science. Considering I love reading and writing, my dream job now is to work in a publishing company. Sounds boring, but I’ve always liked the idea of my own office and working with manuscripts. Eventually, I hope I can become an accomplished writer.

7. What is your favorite movie quote?

My all time favourite quote is from The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. It seems a bit childish considering he’s an author for children’s books, but there’s a quote that I learned after watching the 2012 movie with my younger sister. It demonstrates that you have to be passionate about what you care about and you can truly create a change. The quote is, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” It shows that you don’t have to be someone big and powerful, but your feelings can drive you to leave a positive impact in the world and leave your mark.

8. If you were famous what would you be famous for?

I think I would be famous for a published novel. It’s always been a dream of mine to write a book and I hope to accomplish that in the future. Although I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I would be famous for it, I do hope I get recognized.

9. What is your best feature?

Another question I feel odd answering about myself, but after asking a friend, my best feature would have to be my laugh. Although I think my laugh can get a little out of hand, my friends always tell me how much they love it because of how genuine it is and how outrageous and uncontrollable it can get.

10. What is your favorite song?

My favourite song is Never Gonna Give You Up, by Rick Astley. I absolutely love that song. It’s amusing and upbeat, and it just makes you want to jam out. That song is always on repeat and I never get tired of it.

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.