Why You Should Start a Podcast with Your Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Photo by Bonnie Kittle on Unsplash

Starting a podcast seems like a very strenuous, or daunting project. However, starting a podcast can be a great way to bond with your roommate while discussing various topics that appeal to you both. Here are some reasons why you should definitely try it out:

1. Great Bonding Activity

One of the best things about a recording a podcast is that it can literally be casual conversations that you and your roommate may have during the day or at 2 a.m. It won’t even seem like work when you’re chatting with your bestie!

2. Stimulating and Engaging Process

A podcast is not only a fun experience, it is also a great way to network your thoughts and ideas to a broad spectrum of audiences. By introducing your ideas and sharing your experiences with the world, you are able to make connections, see parallels, and possibly make new friends and connections around the world.

3. It’s An Inexpensive Hobby/Passion

Podcasts aren’t necessarily expensive to create. There are a lot of resources on the Internet that can be accessed to help you create, improve, and upload your podcast. Youtube is actually a great resource for tutorials on how to edit and improve your podcast and editing skills. If money is on your mind, don’t worry- podcasts only take up a lot of time and passion to create.

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).
Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.