Spring Break Activities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Photo Source: Vimeo

Spring break is FINALLY (almost) here. Here are some of the things that you should do this spring break if you don’t have plans yet!

1. Take a trip to Washington D.C.

Cherry blossoms will be at their peak blossom this spring break thanks to early warmer weather (cue conflicting feelings about loving warm weather but also global warming)! Besides strolling down the road flanked by flowers and getting a few pictures for social media, there are so many free museums and events to go to! Also, when it’s time to eat, bust out the Yelp app and find the best (and closest) restaurants around you!

2. Take day trips to museums

Lucky for us, we live in the midst of many museums! You can check out an old favorite, the Liberty Science Museum, the Zimmerli Art Museum, or even Ellis Island! Not to mention that New York City is a short train ride away.

3.  Food places!!

It’s finally time to go check out those amazing donut places! This Spoon University article right here lists 5 of the best doughnut places in New Jersey! Or if you’re more of a savory person, check out the Bagel Nook in Freehold! They have an assortment of different bagels as well as cream cheeses. The combinations are endless!  

4. Spend some time in nature

This is the perfect time to take a hike either out of state or in-state. If you are less adventurous, look for a park or greenway to take a stroll through! Although the weather isn’t smouldering hot yet, you can still go to the beach and enjoy the tranquility. There are also gardens such as the Sculpture Grounds, wchih is another hot place to take Insta pics at!

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.