This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is my homemade gluten-free vegan stuffing! Having celiac disease and food allergies, I had to remake the classic on my own and not only do I love this dish, but my gluten-eating family does as well (and demands I make it!) It was also the first dish I made 8 years ago when I was diagnosed with celiac disease and since then have made it every year since!

I absolutely love mashed sweet potatoes. My mom always makes them sweet and with cinnamon. When we were younger, my sister and I would always get to put the marshmallows on top, a task we took very seriously. It’s the one dish I can never have enough of!

While not a traditional Thanksgiving dish, one of my favorites is butternut squash and carrot soup. We eat is every year as a first course and it is a one-of-a-kind dish. It’s so creamy and delicious and is a perfect dish for the fall!

One of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes is pasta! Any meal in an Italian family is not complete without pasta, and Thanksgiving is no exception. Many times, we have a special pasta dish like baked ziti or lasagna to start off our holiday meal.

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.
Rebecca is a New Jersey native and current undergraduate public health student, living with Celiac Disease, autoimmune disorders, and food allergies. Cooking and health have always been her passion, which in June 2013, she transformed into her healthy food and recipe blog, Strength and Sunshine. Her goal is to show her readers how easy, delicious, and wholesome any restricted diet can be, without sacrificing taste, family favorites, or the simple pleasure of good food.
Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, Faith attends Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she plans to major in Psychology and minor in Philosophy and Criminology.  Faith enjoys writing and traveling. She loves cats, books, and the color blue. In the future, Faith would like to attend law school.