Rutgers University Communications Student Expresses Outward Joy Over a ‘Message Failed to Send’ Notification

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Disclaimer: The following is a satircal article and not intended to be taken seriously.

C. J. Kumar was found emphatically dancing to K-POP music on the Tuesday morning before her Communication Theory exam outside of Alexander Library on College Avenue.

“I wasn’t even high or anything last night, but I almost sent this embarrassing text message to this guy in my media class,” he told us, “It was suppose to be to my best friend, it read, ‘I heard Idris Elba’s in New York right now. If he’s in New York I’m in New York’ with screenshot of train tickets I’d just bought. I really never thought I’d be so grateful for Rutgers spotty Wifi!”

C. J. claims she went back to studying for her midterm but wondered in the back of her mind as to why her friend never texted back. According to an anonymous source, she loudly proclaimed that she was on a social media cleanse for the rest of the night and fell asleep in the Graduate Reading Room approximately 15 minutes later. Much to the relief of our source, C.J. didn’t snore, albeit, she did sporadically blurt out strings of innocuous Korean phrases. Our source finds it important to assert that she knows this because her parents speak Korean and not because she is a fan of K-pop.

The morning after these events took place is when C. J. ended her cleanse and proceeded to check for a response from her friends when she opened up her phone and saw the “message failed to send’ notification on a message she tried sending to her classmate who she declined to identify. We later found out from word mouth on the LX bus that dancing routines had become a common coping mechanism for students specializing in Health and Wellness Communication.

And we would suppose that avoided embarrassment demands a certain degree of coping.

“I bet Idris is still in New York,” she said opening up her iMessage app, “I should text my friend asking if she still wants to go.” When we reminded her that she had an exam today she exclaimed what we presume to be a Korean expletive and took off running towards the general direction or the Voorhees Mall.

C. J. also added later in an email to Her Campus, “Mom, if you’re reading this, by high I meant I was on the top floor of Alex. It has 83 floors you know. I actually got lost last week on my way to my Planet Earth exam, which is why I might have failed. They said it was going to be an easy A!”

Booktuber. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPXMfHl6SMxbTjt1Uzo3jfA Pursuing a double major in journalism and media studies and political science at Rutgers University.