This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Name: Jeet Panchal

Year: Senior

Major: Mechanical Engineering and Math

Hometown: Rahway, New Jersey

What made you want to be a Mechanical Engineering/Math major?

Initially, I only wanted to be a Math Major. I took part in a lot of math competitions in high school and did well in them. That’s what I wanted to do, but when I came to Rutgers I realized I didn’t want to be a professor and I didn’t know the other career options for Math majors. I decided to do Engineering because it’s the applied version of math, and I really like airplanes. So that’s what lead me to my double major.

What are you involved in on campus/what are some of your hobbies?

I’m involved in Rutgers AIAA. It’s a student organization that’s involved in aviation and RC aircrafts. I’m the captain of one of the competition teams. I’m also very much into powerlifting. Basically, my life revolves around education, airplanes, and weights.

What has been your favorite experience at Rutgers?

My favorite experience, huh? This is kind of hard. I’ve had a lot of good academic, extracurricular, and social experiences. But my best was definitely making so many new friends here and seeing how diverse and unique the people of Rutgers are. The people here made my college experience. That includes professors, students, and alumni – basically anyone I’ve come in contact with here. Everyone has added value to my experience.

What are your post-grad plans?

I want to continue my education. I feel like there’s never an end to learning, and I want to learn more about my field, so I’m going to come back and go to graduate school here. I’ll be enrolled in the Masters of Science and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering program.

Are you excited for graduation?

I’m very excited. It’s going be an honor to have our president here at Rutgers. No matter what your political view are, having the president speak at your graduation is a big deal. There are obviously drawbacks to having the president come through – less tickets available, more security. Unfortunately, I can’t bring my whole family anymore.

Why do you deserve to be campus cutie?

That’s a loaded question.

Sophomore Linguistics major at Rutgers University. Probably currently eating oatmeal.