How to De-stress This Season: Holiday Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Still stuck at Rutgers because you have finals until Christmas eve eve eve? Got finals every single day (almost) until you can final-y leave? As the angel said to the sheperds, fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings.

Chocolate Peppermint Bark
What better way to destress than to crush things like candy canes!! You get so many for free aroudn this season or if not, they’re really cheap in stores. Just get some white and dark chocolate, and then bam. You’ve gotten the frustration out and you have small gifts for your friends.

Ezpz recipe found here.

No-Bake Chewy Oreo Bars
Once again, you can smash things and release the anger while making treats to give away or simply snack on. Also dorm-friendly and easily accessible ingredients. 

DIY Snowflakes
These snowflakes are difficult to mess up aesthetically and would look great hanging in your room! Bonus points: Use useless worksheets (ONLY USELESS ONES) to cut up as revenge on the pain they inflicted on to you.

Cut things here.

Take a HikeScrew the books and take a walk (or jog) on any campus. The streets are decorated beautifully just for this season, so why not enjoy it? Also, these are the last few days of warmish weather, so savor the non-bulky clothing. If you’re not feeling humans at all, you can explore the ecological preserve on Livingston, Buccleuch Park on College Ave, Passion Puddle on Douglass, farm animals on Cook, and anywhere on Busch.

5 Minute Dance Break
…With Christmas music of course. Dance around, sing with Mariah Carey, and go crazy for a little bit.

Tea
Take a tea break, or just sip tea as you study. It’s not only soothing, but extremely healthy and removes stress eyyyy. Make sure it’s real tea, not the stuff you find in the dining hall. It’s always cold enough to have tea, and there are even holiday tea blends available everywhere. 

DOG
Find an event, ANY event that has destress puppies. Play with said puppy. Have fun. Then go back to studying. Or if you’re allergic, look at funny animal vines for a bit. Those are cute enough and help. Not holiday related but shh.

Good luck to every brave soul this season, and may the curve be ever in your favor.

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, Faith attends Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she plans to major in Psychology and minor in Philosophy and Criminology.  Faith enjoys writing and traveling. She loves cats, books, and the color blue. In the future, Faith would like to attend law school.