Feel Good Movies for After Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Midterms are over and now it’s time to feel good about yourself again.  Kick back and relax while enjoying some of these uplifting movies.

1. Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)

If Diane Lane can pick up the pieces of her life and turn them into something beautiful so can you!

2. Airplane! (1980)

Whenever I need something to make me laugh Airplane! is my go to.  Always certain to give me a chuckle no matter how bad things have been going.

3. Footloose (1984)

Nothing says feel good like dancing, 80s music, and Kevin Bacon.  Will make you realize that even you can teach a whole entire town how to dance!

4. Bend It Like Beckham (2002)

Nothing’s better than watching a girl accomplish her dreams, get the guy, and definitely bend it like Beckham.

5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

Very funny! Even if you’re not Greek!

6. Miss Congeniality (2000)

Full of laughs, action, and the FBI. What’s not to like?

7. Dirty Dancing (1987)

Again can’t go wrong with dancing and 80s music!!

8. Mystic Pizza (1988)

Nothing says feel good like those classic coming of age stories.

9. The Breakfast Club (1985)

A Classic. What else can I say?

10. The Blind Side (2009)

Definitely a movie with ups and downs but with a good ending.

11. Letters to Juliet (2010)

A good heartwarming movie.  Goes to show you never know where life will take you when you discover a 40 year old letter in a wall.

12. School of Rock (2003)

If Jack Black’s and his class’s crazy antics don’t make you laugh I don’t know what will.

13. Matilda (1999)

This movie shows us that one day we will all find a place where we belong, just like Matilda.

14. The Birdcage (1996)

Robin Williams and Nathan Lane: the perfect combination to make you laugh.

15. Amelie (2001)

As Amelie tries to fix the lives of those around her we see her learn that to fix her own she must take her destiny into her own hands.  It has heartwarming results.

16. The Princess Bride (1987)

Feel good movie? As you wish.

17. Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

Robin Williams is the best at making you feel good and laugh.

18. Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

19. Whip It (2009)

An edgy and fun coming of age story.  A different take on the classic genre to make you feel good!

20. Moonstruck (1987)

Nick Cage when he was young and Cher too?  Very enjoyable!

21. She’s the Man (2006)

Laughs galore!

22. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

Not only will make you laugh but will also make you feel.  A personal favorite of mine!  And also great if you love Shakespeare as it is an adaptation of “The Taming of the Shrew.”

23. The Holiday (2006)

Cameron Diaz? Jack Black? Kate Winslet? Jude Law? All together?? Say no more….

24. Knight’s Tale (2001)

Nothing says feel good like watching Kief Ledger achieve his dreams and become a knight.

25. Love Actually (2003)

The Ultimate feel good movie.

Check out these movies! You deserve it!

Photo Soucre: Pexels

Wynne is a double major in Art History and Medieval Studies. In her free time she loves to play the piano and chess. This school year she will be dividing her time between working on her thesis, trips to museums, and serving as a lifeguard for Rutgers.