This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

We have passed the halfway mark of the semester! It is time to check your meal swipes and see how many you still have to use before you go home for winter break. Have more than you need but cannot imagine swiping multiple times at the dining hall? We’re here to help! Here are our favorite places to swipe.

Knight Wagon

Our very own grease truck that accepts meal swipes! What more could we ask for. Not only are there different types of sandwiches, but the Knight Wagon also offers turkey legs, kabobs, and fried french toast sticks! To find out where the Knight Wagon is, check out their Twitter: @KNIGHTWAGON

Kilmer’s Market

A favorite place on Livingston, Kilmer’s Market is not only a grocery store, but also a haven of fresh sandwiches and tossed salads. You can get a delicious sandwich toasted with a drink and side of chips, or grab a salad or pick your own toppings for a salad and get it freshly tossed with the dressing of your choice! If you are looking for a lighter meal, you can get a cup of fruit and spend the rest of your meal swipe on other miscellaneous goods. The store is only open on weekdays, so definitely put some time in your schedule to visit!

Woody’s

The classic place to get a delicious wrap created or swipe some ice cream! Woody’s is popular for their wraps because of how many different ingredients they have available. One of my favorite wraps include chipotle mayo, pepper jack cheese, chicken tenders, and banana peppers in a spinach wrap. Although they are not open during normal mea times, it is a great place to grab some food for a late lunch or dinner! Bonus points: Woody’s is also open during the weekend, great to grab some food before studying all day at the LSM.

Rock Cafe

I go out of my way on most days to go grab some Rock Cafe on Livingston. They have everything a college student could want from all day breakfast to baked mac and cheese. Oh and the best part: you can double swipe! That’s right you can get a whopping $16 worth of food in one trip. They have quick snacks too like rice crispy treats or cereals and king sized kit kat bars. Or if you’re really hungry they have subs, salads, wraps, mozzarella sticks, and wings and fries. They’re also open on the weekends which is a huge plus.

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
Rutgers University student who enjoys Netflix, a good book and some pasta :)