yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

1. Go on a nature walk. It would seem as if the weather is getting chillier by the day and we are adding to our layers as the days get shorter. This doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy being outside! In a state with so many offerings, especially with Rutgers’ position we have a vast availability of places to visit! I personally love the Instagram account @njspots , they have some amazing photography that makes you do a double take at the location; a definite MUST! Equip yourself with coffee, warm layers, and an attitude for adventure!

Photo Source: Studiomarshallarts​

2. Bake an apple pie. There’s just something about apples and cinnamon that just embodies the spirit of autumn: before the chaos of finals, take a moment and just focus on something nice and warm and delicious–like apple pie!

3. Catch up on TV shows. Fall marks the beginning of new seasons of the shows you love to binge-watch! Before finals get you down or you get tempted to Netflix while studying, check this one off of your to-do list.

Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons

4. Enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte. This is it folks, your very last chance (of the year) to go to your local cafe and chat with a friend over pumpkin spice flavored anything, whether it be a latte, coffee, cappuccino, frappucino, or even a donut! Just go for it and enjoy

Photo Source: The Baltimore Sun

5. Grab a book and cozy up! Fall can be a stressful time, especially with finals season coming up. So before the season ends, go grab a book, a blanket, and cozy by the fireplace to de-stress and relax!

Photo Source: Pexels

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.
Zeal is for zealousness and that's what I'm all about. I enjoy going to events around campus, socializing, and friday nights. I am a gemini and my personality reflects both the extremes - some days you will find me under my blanket and the other I'll be marching down all the streets of campus. Can't wait to write more articles and meet you all through HerCampus! :)
Aarushi is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Business Analytics and minoring in Spanish. If she's not studying (or writing for HerCampus!) she's probably sleeping or watching Netflix!