This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Rimmel London Lipsticks

Katelyn: These lipsticks are really nice! They are super pigmented and go on really easily. They don’t dry out my lips and they come in great colors. (They also have the perfect shade of red for Rutgers football games!) The only drawback is that I have to reapply throughout the day.

Grace: These have a strong fruity scent to them for some reason, but it’s quite pleasant. I like dabbing the color on to give that lip stain feel. There’s this simple ombre look where the color is concentrated in the center of the lips and fades as you go out, and it’s really easy to accomplish with these lipsticks (and hella trendy).

Rimmel London Super Curler Mascara

Katelyn: I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about this mascara because of the shape of the wand but I actually loved it! Sometimes the mascara can get clumpy, which is one of my pet peeves but overall it’s a good mascara.

Grace: I have stubborn sad lashes that point straight down, not even just straight out. I tried without a curler and with, and both were meh for me. My lashes are quite difficult to begin with, so the mascara might work for people that don’t have lashes like me! I only apply mascara to my top lashes to prevent as much smudging as possible, so the formula wasn’t clumpy for me.

Colour Precise Liner

Katelyn: As someone who rarely uses eyeliner (and is terrible at applying it), I actually found this eyeliner really easy to use. It had a nice pigment and that applied consistently and evenly. I was even able to give myself a little bit of a wing, which I have never been able to accomplish before. I think this is a great liner for people who are just beginning to learn how to apply eyeliner or people like me who just continually have a hard time with eyeliner.

Grace: The liner actually stays on all day!! (Except when I yawned and wiped the tear and accidentally wiped off the liner, but I assume that’s just a weird me thing.) The application is actually really nice, most liner pens I have had experience with are either annoying to use because of the stiff tip or had really inconsistent liquid flowing through the pen. However this pen/marker actually was thin enough for me to make a super sharp wing point and the consistency of the liquid coming out was fantastic.

Adulthood Is a Myth by Sarah Anderson

Katelyn: I LOVED this book. The comics were super relatable and hilarious. No one really knows what they’re doing and being an adult just means that you do the best that you can with what you have. 10/10 would recommend to a friend (I’ve already recommended this book to everyone I know).

Grace: I’ve always seen these comics floating around everywhere, and this entire book omg. I just read the entire book like, “Wow, me.” It’s really cute, makes you laugh, and reminds you that no one really has it together so don’t feel bad!

The Roommate Book

Grace: Really cute and interactive book with hilarious and completely relatable pictures. I love how it includes little DIYs and have relatable charts and all types of interactive goals. It’s just really nice to have a little handbook that you don’t have to take super seriously but gives really good tips that don’t come to mind when you have your first roommate. Definitely a nice browsing book!

Freeman Face Masks

Katelyn: I have pretty oily skin and have never really been a huge fan of face masks but I actually really liked these! I tried the charcoal and sugar scrub as well as the apple cider vinegar clay. The charcoal mask felt pretty greasy going on which worried me a little but the sugar exfoliant was awesome! My skin felt super smooth and not dry at all. The sugar is really coarse though so just make sure to exfoliate super gently. The apple cider vinegar mask smells really good and isn’t too abrasive. It left my skin feeling clean and smooth.

Grace: I tried the cucumber peel away mask and wow that was really fun! It was like peeling away dried Elmer’s glue on your face. I used the mask after a stressful week to pamper myself (and my boyfriend) and my skin was so hydrated and supple afterwards! I want to get a full size soon so I can always do these! (The mask is clear so in the light we just look sweaty)

Maidenform

Katelyn: I currently have one Maidenform bra and I really like it! The material is really soft and the bra is one of the most comfortable ones I own. But it’s a great company with some really great products.

Grace: My chest is on the large side, so I can’t just buy a cute lil bra from Forever 21, but usually bras in my size are those plain sad shapeless nude bras (you know what I’m talking about, why do they even sell those). Luckily, Maidenform is one of the very few brands that actually carry my size and have bras that are actually cute! It’s nice having a brand that doesn’t make you pay three legs and your firstborn child for a pretty bra that fits.

Sheer Energy Tights

Katelyn: As someone who wears a lot of dresses, I also wear tights very frequently. I actually really liked these tights. I have a habit of ripping sheer tights and these felt fairly sturdy and I like they wouldn’t rip the second I put them on. I think they were pretty and look good under almost any dress.

Grace: I love black tights, they compliment everyone’s legs and keep you a little warmer. There’s also a hint of sophistication with them that is nice to have if you need it. One of my favorite things to do when it gets colder is to wear sheer tights, and then layer thigh high socks on top. Fashion statement and warmth in one step. You could wear shorts on top or a skirt/dress. Experiment!

Wear Safe Tag

Katelyn: I have always been fascinated by these types of products. It can be scary to be a woman in this world and products like this help to make it feel just a little safer. The design of the tag is nice and subtle. There is nothing on the tag that immediately makes one think it is for safety. In fact, if you don’t know what it’s for you might just think it’s a useless bauble. The set up is straightforward and the concept is simple. I think this is a great product for women who travel alone, who live off campus or alone, and even those who just want an extra feeling of security. P.S. I think the design of the box is adorable and I’ll probably keep it forever.

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.
Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.