photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Best Thanksgiving Episodes from TV

That ‘70s Show: “Thanksgiving” (Season 1, Episode 9)

This hilarious Thanksgiving-themed episode features the nasty Forman relatives: Red’s mother, and Eric’s older sister, Laurie. What’s even worse is that Laurie brought home a friend from college, who’s trying to seduce Eric!

Friends: “The One With All The Thanksgivings” (Season 5, Episode 8)

Granted all the Friends episodes are amazing, but this one just tops them all. In this hilarious episode, the “friends” reminisce about their previous Thanksgivings. It’s an episode that’s sure to make you laugh and give you the nostalgic feels. And if all this wasn’t enough- we even see Monica with a turkey on her head!

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

During the holiday season, there is nothing better than nostalgically watching the Peanuts crew. The timeless animation has been enjoyed for over four decades, so there’s obvious reason as to why the special continues to air. There is some sort of magic in watching what your parent’s used to watch, and it sure brings the family together. Peppermint Patty invites herself over, the gang throws a Thanksgiving dinner, all while the classic tune plays. (Plus, who doesn’t love Snoopy?)

How I Met Your Mother: “Slapsgiving” (Season 3 Episode 9)

This lovable T.V. show always mixes sarcastic humor with warm moments, and on the Thanksgiving episode, it’s Marshall and Lily’s first Thanksgiving as a married couple. There’s residual sexual tension between Robin and Ted and Lily’s constant stress about a perfect meal and the infamous “slap bet” between Marshall and Barney (hint: Barney is living in constant fear because of it). Even better, the show is also on Netflix.

The West Wing: “Shibboleth” (Season 2 Episode 8)

Also still streaming on Netflix is one of the most intriguing plot-lines on television: The West Wing’s turkey pardon. On this Thanksgiving-themed episode C.J., the White House Chief of Staff played by Allison Janney, is forced to pardon one out of two turkeys all while the other White House leaders are dealing with topics like illegal immigration and school prayer. Its political, relevant and action-packed.

The Office: “WUPHF.com” Season 7 Episode 9

If you are a fan of The Office (and let’s face it, who isn’t?), this over the top episode is centered around Dwight’s recreation of a childhood memory: his Uncle’s hay maze place. He was never crowned the “Hay King,” and is determined to do so by any means. This Thanksgiving episode is filled with dry humor, awkward holiday fights and characters breaking the 4th wall.

Julia DeAngelo is an aspiring journalist looking to marry politics, law and art. A junior at Rutgers University studying Journalism and Art History, she can be found looking seriously confused in art galleries or having existential crises in the corner of your local coffee shop. Her work has been featured in newspapers and publications such as the Star-Ledger, the Staten Island Advance, nj.com and Trim Magazine. Follow Julia on twitter at @julia_deangelo
Aarushi is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Business Analytics and minoring in Spanish. If she's not studying (or writing for HerCampus!) she's probably sleeping or watching Netflix!