The Best Coffee Places on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Cafe Bene

This cute cafe is located on George Street near the Rite Aid. You can get other drinks here like bubble tea and you can get tasty pastries. Show your RU ID for a student discount! The eating area is quite large (two floors!), making this location also a good place to study or catch up with friends. Last year, my friends and I celebrated Galentine’s Day there.

Hidden Grounds

This is not only a great place for coffee, it’s also a great first date location. The coffee and food are great, but the environment is also awesome. Located partially underground, there are bar stools that face the window, letting you get some natural light and giving you a great spot to people watch. It’s a great place to hang out or do some homework if you’re tired of sitting at your desk or the library.

Au Bon Pain (ABP)

ABP’s a great place to grab coffee or a meal when you’re on the go! It’s conveniently located next to the Rutgers Student Center bus stop. The tables outside are nice when it’s a sunny day. I usually order a caramel macchiato. It’s comparable to Starbucks’ but almost half the price!

Starbucks Truck

The great coffee you find in Starbucks but more conveniently located! The Starbucks truck rotates between campuses so everyone can unleash their inner basic white girl.

Dunkin Donuts

The Dunkin on Livingston is conveniently located in the student center. The iced coffee there is great and the location is perfect so you can grab some coffee to keep you awake in your next class! The only downside is that it can get insanely busy between classes.

Adult baby at Rutgers University. Lover of macarons and comedy.
A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.