Best Bathrooms on College Ave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

When you’re a girl on the go who really has to go.

1. Academic Building

Makes sense as this is the newest building on campus! It’s also conveniently located. If you’re walking from Easton to get to Alex, the building is pretty much in the middle. Only con is that the restrooms may be difficult to find, especially if you are not familiar with the layout of the building. Overall, I think the pros outweigh it. Coming here beats waiting in line in the small, old, and often smelly Scott Hall restrooms. When it’s late, you can still enter the building since all students have swipe access!

2. Honors College

Because it’s the second newest building on campus!! Apparently, during business hours, any student can enter and chill in the lounge areas, so you don’t even have to worry about waiting for someone to let you in. Note: some of the bathrooms are single stall.

3. Rutgers Student Center – First Floor

Not all restrooms were built equally, and Rutgers Student Center proves this. Many people are familiar with the stalls on the ground floor (the floor beneath the restaurants) and the ones upstairs on the fourth floor. However, if you walk past the front desk and continue to the multipurpose room, you’ll spot bathrooms on your left and right! The ones on the left have multiple stalls while the ones on the right don’t. These bathrooms are often less crowded. There’s also long mirrors inside, so you can check up on your makeup there too. The lightning is pretty bright, which is good for retouches.

4. Any restaurant in the Yard

If you are at a restaurant and have already purchased something, remember to go before you go! Not only are these restaurants brand-new, they also see less traffic than many other places, making them cleaner.

5. Art Library

While the bathrooms maybe be a little dingy, there is very little traffic in here, making it clean and private. When it’s time to do your business but you’re quite far away from home, this is a good alternate!

6. Brower

When you’re eating, it sucks cause you’ve already swiped in. But if you just need a place to pee, that’s no worry. (haha rhyme). The restroom is pretty big, so you never have to worry about lines.

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
Adult baby at Rutgers University. Lover of macarons and comedy.