5 Fabulous Day Trips for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

So you ended up missing out on that Cancun, South Beach, Thailand trip package. Now what? You’re coming home, and, while there’s stuff to take care of, you want to have some fun, right? Here are some of our day trip ideas to get you out of the house and exploring!

1. Boston, MA

At only a 4 hour drive away by car, train, or bus, this city is a wonderful place to visit at any time! Everything is pretty contained and within walking distance, making it a great locale to find entertainment, food, and exploring possibilities. Our top picks: The New England Aquarium, Faneuil Hall, Boston Harbor Walk, and the Freedom Trail. And if you’re feeling like doing a little more, visit Harvard and be grateful you don’t have to perform to those standards.

Source

2. Washington D.C

Another 4 hour drive away by car, train, or bus, March is a wonderful time to visit the nation’s capital as it is cherry blossom season. We can’t be sure on the dates for the gorgeous site, but either way it’s an awesome place to visit! Check out the National Mall, Washington Monument observation, Hirshhorn Museum, Capitol hill, and more! And again if you have the extra time and want more visit Georgetown. You WON’T be disappointed.

Source

3. New York City

How basic, is it not? NYC is no more than a 2 hour drive or train ride, so it hits the sweet spot. It’s got all the familiar things we know and love from movies and our own experiences. If you want to leave this one for towards the end of break, we wouldn’t judge you. After all, what better place to do a St. Paddy’s Day bar crawl? If you’re not 21, or are seeking a little bit more, check out the MOMA, AMNH, MET, some of the best museums the city has to offer. With the exception of the MOMA, they are “pay what you wish”. Make sure to check out the South Street Seaport, as it’s a very cool spot.

Source

4. Atlantic City

So you managed to save up some cash, time to gamble it away right? Ah, the beauty of being young and reckless. Just kidding, but really if you want to give your luck a shot with the luck of the Irish time coming around take the 2 hour trip! Also, you can enjoy the wintery beach blues while you’re there. There’s plenty to do here if you know where to look, make a fabulous time of it, and just beware of a few streets over the boardwalk as things can get sketchy.

Source

5. Philadelphia

Jeez, who knew we’ve got some of the big cities right in our yards? This last one is another great one for exploring and gaining a little bit of perspective. From the outskirts at the Magic Gardens, Shofuso Gardens, Independence Hall, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and more!

Source

Photo Source: Pexels

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.