United Latino Association At Rowan

Posted -

The United Latino Association (ULA) is an organization on campus devoted to uniting Latinos and other interested Rowan students in stimulating and intellectual conversations bi-weekly, on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in the Chamberlain Student Center, room 128.

The first discussion, “Where the Latinos at?” resulted in the biggest turnout the organization has seen thus far. President Joey Rodriguez could not believe the amount of attendees for that discussion since the first official meeting had yielded only five students in attendance, not including the two members of the board.

ULA is on its way to reaching the ears of every student this academic year, with a combination of their events, Discoteca nights or food functions such as after the “Singled Out” charity auction. ULA “Pa Lante Simpre Pa Lante” collaborates with the Greek organization LSU.  

The group hopes that their biggest impact on campus this semester will be the "Latin Week" event the organization is still planning.

Keep an eye out for this slowly but surely growing organization, and stay tuned for the next meeting coming up this Wednesday.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login