nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Surviving Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Senior year is really exciting! It’s the last year of college and in about less than a year it will be time to graduate. Although it is exciting, it definitely can be stressful. From the amount of school work that is piled on us to the thoughts in our minds of having to find jobs soon can be nerve-racking.   Even though it is stressful it doesn’t have to be this way. Follow these tips to make your senior year a little easier and a lot more fun!

1. Look out for internships. It is never too late to get involved in internships. It looks great on resumes and helps people connect with companies that may possibly hire them in the future. It also looks great to have an internship when you are a senior because companies see that you are graduating soon, and if they really like you, it is a possibility that they will offer you a job at their company! How awesome is that?
  2. Get involved. Many people may believe it is too late to get involved in a club or a job around campus but no matter what year you are in, it is always important to stay active in the college community.
  3. Meet with Advisors. It is very important to set up meetings with your advisors, they will help figure out if you are on track to graduate. It is important to know where you stand so you do not waste time or money by taking courses that do not apply to your requirements.
  4. Pay attention to important deadlines.There are many different deadlines to pay attention to such as when to get your senior portraits done or applying for graduation. Make sure you pay attention to these sorts of deadlines so you do not miss out on getting your picture done or in order to not delay your graduation!
  5. Lastly, have fun! It is your senior year. Yes, it can be stressful but it is important to hang out with your friends and do activities you love. It is your last year before we enter the real world of responsibility with our new careers, enjoy it!