Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Students anticipate a week full of fun

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 10:46pm

A paint party, dance performance, football game and the new battleship event are just some of the activities taking place all homecoming week. This year homecoming is from Monday, October 22 to Sunday, October 28 there are activities for everyone.

According to Rowan SGA President, Tom Holroyd, “our homecoming week is similar to high school spirit week. We are trying to embrace a new sense of school spirit and get people engaged.”

In the past homecoming was thought of as a just a football game, but this year it has been expanded to a full week of events.

On Monday, students can look forward to the banner competition and the Men’s soccer game. Tuesday,  Battle of the Chefs will be taking place as well as the push-cart competition and intramural battleship.  Wednesday night there will dinner and a movie sponsored by SUP which will be a throwback to the classic “Remember the Titans”. 

On Thursday the annual lip syncing competition will take place and a volleyball game.  Friday there will be alumni events that are open to current Rowan students such as pumpkin chucking as well as the annual step show, glow-in-the-dark themed pep rally, Barnes and Noble picnic, and exciting new Roglow event.  Saturday there will be a homecoming parade, picnic (where students can use their meal plan), and football game against Morrisville State University. Also, on Saturday there will be more alumni events, RAH bingo, a field hockey game and a volleyball game. Homecoming week will conclude on Sunday with alumni events.  The full schedule of events for the week can be found at the rowan homecoming website. 

Holroyd said that this year homecoming was separated from family weekend “because it really two different crowds.” Family weekend is geared towards parents and siblings and is “kid friendly” while homecoming is geared more towards the “college experience, which is why we can have a party like Roglow.”

Roglow is being run by a company who worked closely with the original Dayglow people, according to Holroyd. Altogether close to 1,200 tickets were sold for Roglow 2012 and according to Holroyd, “Roglow is the highest trafficked event.”

Holroyd hopes the “battleship event will be the start of a really cool tradition.”

Don’t get left behind this year, as the madness begins. Make sure to come check out all the new homecoming events as well as the annual activities!

Fill out my online form.
You Might Also Like...