Spring Break in Philly and New York

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Hey guys! Unfortunately I know that most of us will not be on the sandy beaches of Cancun or swimming through the lazy rivers, but don’t worry! Want to get away from the boring suburbs? Most of us live so close to either Philadelphia and New York City, so here is a weekly itinerary just to make your spring break’s more interesting than just sitting on a couch watching Netflix. You don’t have to worry about those pricey city tabs either because these activities are all low budget.Enjoy!

Monday: “Hey, Macklemore! Can we go thrift shopping?” Yes we can. Philly and NYC are home to the best trendy consignment and  thrift shops.Most of these stores are for a good cause, so you will be buying a cool outfit and donating at the same time. Go out and shop till you drop with these awesome fashion foward cheap stores!

Philly:

Bella Consignments- 527 South 4th Street

AIDS Thrift – 527 South 4th Street

Circle Thrift- 2233 Frankford Ave.

NYC:

Buffalo Exchange- 332 E 11th St

Beacon’s Closet- 10 W 13th St

Cauz for Paws- 212 E 23rd St

Tuesday: NYC, take a nice stroll on the famous Highline. It’s a free park located in Chelsea and connects to the Meatpacking District, so it is easy to go shopping after! The park is made out of train tracks and views over the Hudson River. Gansevoort Street to 30th St (currently), between 9th & 11th Aves, Chelsea.

Wednesday: Explore one of Philadelphia’s majestic outdoor museum, the Magical Gardens. It is a famous art gallery made out of mosaic. Great place for all of our famous selfies! 1020 South St

Thursday: Chinatown and Brooklyn Bridge! Walk through the busy streets of Chinatown and grab some dumplings while you enjoy the culture. The Brooklyn Bridge is located right at the foot of Chinatown and it is an amazing walk to the worlds hipster-land. The Bridge is made of wood and it is a must do for awesome pictures with a view. Canal St

Friday: Time to party, its the weekend! If you are of age, Philly and NYC are home to the best bar hopping and club nights! Le Bain even has a hot tub in the middle of the dance floor.

Philly:

McGillin’s Olde Ale House-  1310 Drury St

Union Transfer- 1026 Spring Garden St

NYC:

Le Bain (The Standard Hotel)- 848 Washington St

Fiddlesticks- 56 Greenwich Ave

1Oak- 453 W 17th St #1

Phebe’s- 359 Bowery

Allegra Glatzer Born and raised in Manhattan and North Jersey! Studying abroad in Prague, Czech Republic. Public Relations with a concentration in International Studies at Rowan University