Spotlight: Michelle Kinsella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Check out this campus cutie, Michelle Kinsella! Michelle is a senior at Rowan University, who is very involved on campus; she is captain of the Rowan Dance Team, a HR major, and has an off campus job to name a few.  Having known Michelle for two years now, I can say that her sweet and vibrant personality is contagious. Read the interview I constructed with her below to get to know Michelle and why I consider her such a great friend.

Name: Michelle Kinsella

Major: Human Resources Management, Psychology Minor

Year: Senior

Hometown: Middletown, NJ

Three words that describe yourself: outgoing, loyal, driven

How would your friends describe you?: honest, fun, sarcastic

Favorite thing about Rowan: the people/environment

Least favorite thing about Rowan: overcrowding in the gym, caf, parking lots, etc.

Hobbies: dancing on Rowan’s dance team

What you like to do in your spare time: spend time with friends, work out

Favorite show to binge-watch: Grey’s Anatomy

Favorite food: pizza

Best memory: going on vacation with my 4 best friends

Greatest fear: losing someone I love

One place you’d like to visit and why: Australia, it just seems fun!

Life motto: Laugh at yourself, don’t take life so seriously.

Advice for incoming freshmen: Don’t be afraid to be yourself and put yourself out there. No matter who you are, there will be a group of people that you can relate to. I’ve met my absolute best friends at Rowan by being exactly who I wanted to be and they have shaped me into the best version of myself and were a huge influence on how amazing my college experience has been.

Advice for all college women: Do whatever makes you happy! You can never please everyone and everyone will have an opinion no matter what you do. Nothing will be more rewarding or fulfilling than being happy with your own choices at the end of the day, instead of worrying about how others will view you.

Elementary Education & Writing Arts major at Rowan University! "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." -Rumi.    
I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.