Sandra Guirguis ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Q: What is your year and major?
A: I am a junior marketing major, French minor and math minor and an international studies concentration.

Q: Where did you grow up?
A: I am originally from Egypt, and I lived there all my life until I moved to America four years ago.

Q: Why did you pick Rowan?
A: I picked Rowan because it’s closer to home and I know it’s a pretty good college with great programs.

Q: Have you done any traveling? If so, where?
A: I did travel to France as a study abroad student and from there I went around Europe to Italy, Spain, Monaco and Switzerland.

Q: What’s your current relationship status?
A: I am currently single and I am not planning on dating anytime soon. I have lots of guy friends but I haven’t yet found my soul mate that I will spend my life with.

Q: What would your ideal first date be like?
A: My ideal first date would be on Washington Street in Hoboken NJ, with a deep conversation for hours in a beautiful restaurant (like Biggies) with some wine, then we would go and walk on the Hudson River after dinner and see New York City on the other side.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
A: I would love to go back to France, my third home, because I’ve always loved France ever since I was a little girl, and I finally got to live there for half a year, became fluent in French, and lived the French culture. I absolutely love it.

Q: What do you hope to do after you graduate?
A: I hope to get my degree in international marketing from a graduate school then work with international customers around the world.

Q: What’s your favorite movie?
A: Phantom of the Opera. I love this movie because I love opera and classical music. It’s always been an interest of mine to listen to it or stop to hear performances played on the streets of Paris when I was in France.

Q: What’s your favorite part about fall?
A: My favorite part is the beginning of fall where we can see the trees’ beautiful colors before the leaves fall, and it’s also not too cold and not too hot; it’s the perfect temperature.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!