This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Salsa night occurred on Thursday October second in the Student Center pit and was sponsored by Lambda Theta Phi fraternity in order to honor Latin Heritage month. Many people came out to the event and certainly brought their dancing shoes. A professional instructor and his partner were on hand to teach everyone bachata, meringue, and of course a little salsa. The event was a huge success and everyone danced until the wee hours of the morning or one a.m. to be a little more exact. There was a contest were the participants who were chosen by the instructors got onto the stage and battled it out for some a prize. After that the food bar was opened and everyone was served empanadas, arroz y frijoles, and also some tortilla chips. Overall it was a wonderful night that allowed people to have fun while also meeting new people, and learning about the Latin culture. 

Hi guys! My name is Chiyonte Warren and I am a sophomore here at Rowan University. I am majoring in psychology and love keeping up with all the happenings here on campus , and in the world around us.