This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Meet Sabina Khatun, a sophomore Psychology major from Burlington N.J. Sabina loves listening to music, watching Korean dramas, dancing, and spending some lovely time hanging out with a good group of friends. Her favorite thing to do with friends is just about anything, whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat at their favorite restaurant or just finding an adventure to embark on together, the group always has a good time when they are together! But, when Sabina isn’t enjoying life through her hobbies, she’s enjoying it through her work.

When she was 17, she started working in a nursing home as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Every day, she takes care of 10-12 residents each day by assisting them with everyday activities. She says “some people find this job difficult to do but I personally find it to be very rewarding. Yes, getting money for working makes me happy but what makes me happier is getting free blessings from my residents.” Props to you, Sabina! This is definitely a really cool job and Her Campus applauds you for doing something so amazing.

If you wanted to know what Sabina’s favorite TV show was; sorry, there isn’t one! She’s not particularly picky and will watch whatever catches her attention. That must make channel surfing a whole lot easier! But while she’s flipping through those channels, if she sees her favorite movie she will stop and watch the perfection unfold. Any guesses as to what chick flick has the “favorite movie” slot in Sabina’s life? If you guessed Mandy Moore’s A Walk to Remember, you are absolutely on point. This lovely tale by Nicholas Sparks hit the screen when most of us were just in the lower grades of elementary school, but it has since then set crazy expectations for all of our relationships. Another work of Sparks’ that Sabina likes is his book The Choice.

When asked about her perfect day, we found that again Sabina wasn’t very picky. “I don’t have an idealistic perfect day; I just have many good days. My good days involve me hanging out with my friends, spending quality time with my family and watching Netflix while eating.” 

After having been at Rowan for two years, Sabina has some meaningful advice to offer the current and future freshmen. “Don’t let college change you, instead let college mature you.” Well said, Sabina! Stay true to yourself, everyone! 

As if we didn’t already love and applaud Sabina for her work with the elderly, her message for teenage girls is simply amazing, and definitely very true! Sabina says “Focus on building good character because beauty can only get you so far.”  Well Sabina, you are a great and gorgeous gal, so you got the best of both worlds!

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!