Plan a PG Party this Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Want to feel like a kid again this Halloween? Have a PG party! They’re innocent, silly fun with your friends, and we can help you plan!

Here are 10 things you can do!

1.       Make it a costume party!

Have your guests dress in costume! Make it a requirement to get into your party! Nothing’s worse than having unenthusiastic people sitting in regular clothes amongst witches, princesses, and firemen. (You may want set a standard for how promiscuous costumes are allowed to be!)

2.Bobbing for Apples

Really challenging, but messily fun game! Get a bucket or a bin, filled with water, and 5 to ten apples and set up a stand (preferably outside)! Be careful of your make-up and hair though, the water is going to mess them up! I recommend warmer water. It’s cold enough in October; you don’t need to stick your face in a bucket of freezing water.

3.Photo Area

Set up a cute photo area where your guests can take ‘selfies’ and group shots while in costumes. Try to get a back drop that’s Halloween themed! If you don’t have one, hang up a table cloth and use that!

4.Halloween Playlist

Have music playing all the time! Make your own playlist of your favorite Halloween tunes.  If you don’t have the time (or knowledge of Halloween songs), Google some or just use a Halloween radio station on Pandora!

Here are some songs to get you started:

“Thriller” by Michael Jackson (Of course!)

The Ghostbusters Theme song

“Monster Mash” – Bobby “Boris” Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers

“This is Halloween” from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

5.Play a Movie

Have a movie playing in the background so that your guests always have something to do. If they just want to sit and relax, watching a holiday themed movie is always a favorite activity! I suggest playing the movie in a different room than the music, so that people don’t have to fight to hear one or the other.

6.Costume contest – with prizes!

Have a competition between all your costumed guests to decide who has the best outfit! Take into consideration creativity and whether it’s store-bought or hand-made! Pick the top 3 and give them 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! Have three prizes ready so that they are rewarded for their awesomeness. Prizes can be anything from full candy bars to goody bags to blue ribbons.

7.Make themed baked goods

Baking is always fun during the holiday season! Make some Halloween themed cupcakes and cookies! There are some great recipes and ideas online that are sure to impress your friends. Adorable!

8.Decorate

Every Halloween party needs decorations to set the mood! These can be expensive sometimes, so choose wisely! Dollar stores are great sources for cheap and awesome decorations that’ll fit right into your PG party! You can go scary or you can go cute. You can get some candy from the dollar store too!

Decoration ideas: black and orange streamers, pumpkin/ witch wall hangings, orange and black table covers, Halloween napkins, plates, and cups, spider webs, etc.

9.Play Games

Cheesy games can be really fun activities! You already have bobbing for apples, but there is more silly fun to be had. Play the ‘Mummy Game,’ where you race to wrap your friends up in toilet paper! This can be a waste of toilet paper, but if you have it to spare- Go for it!

Play pong (with water if you’re under 21!) with eye ball ping pongs! You can find them at the dollar store! They’re creepy and just cheesy enough to be funny!

10.Don’t have an end time

Start the party early in the night so that people can go to PG-13, NC-17, and R rated movies later in the night without conflict. If you’re not into that, stay at your place and keep the fun going with friends who don’t feel like going out either!

Don’t let anybody put you down! Halloween is meant to be fun, so do what makes you happy!

For food, have each of your guests bring a little something (Drinks, candy, pasta, etc.). It’ll not only save you some money, but will guarantee that every guest has at least one type of food that they can and want to eat!

Good luck and make sure to post all the pictures you take on every form of social media!

Happy Halloween!

Laura is a Sophomore at Rowan University who likes writing, acting, and singing. She is a Radio/TV/Film major and minors in advertising. Find her on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/laura.fanelli.14
Carly is a Writing Arts major at Rowan University with a concentration in New Media and Creative Writing. She aspires to complete her masters at Rowan and to become an editor after completing college. When she isn't writing for HerCampus or doing schoolwork, she can be found performing slam poetry at various venues in the Philadelphia region. Follow her on twitter at @carlyfiona15 or email her at szaboc33@students.rowan.edu