Nicole Wyglendowski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Hey, Profs!

We all know a lot of people who do a lot and are actively involved in their communities. One of the superstars that is actively involved at Rowan is this week’s campus celebrity – Nicole Wyglendowski, an elementary education and English major, with a teacher of students with disabilities certification!

Nicole works at the Rec Center as a fitness area assistant, but starting in the spring she will also be teaching the group exercise class PiYo – a combination of Pilates and yoga! Check it out when the spring schedule comes out, Profs! You won’t regret it.

When Nicole isn’t busy putting in hard hours at the Rec Center, she is busy working her other job as an admissions ambassador. She gives tours to perspective students and their parents, showing them just how amazing Rowan University is!

If you’re wondering what Nicole does when she isn’t busy working for the school, you may not be surprised to know that she is involved in an entire host of other extracurricular activities! She is a mentor in the Harley Flack Mentoring program, and she actively involved in her major outside of her classes. Nicole is the VP of tech for Kappa Delta Pi – the honor’s society for educators. This position requires her to keep the other members in the club up to date on the activities for the club, and she is the go to person for contact information regarding events.  She is also in the elementary education club, an active service organization.  Part of the work she does with KDP involves MTALLA, an organization which helps fund third world country schools. Rowan’s chapter for Kappa Delta Pi has won eight awards for their hard work and dedication! Nicole attended the conference in Orlando, Florida this year.

But, her service for the community does not end there – Nicole is also the President of Rowan at SAIL, which stands for Supports to Achieve Independent Living. SAIL is based in Cherry Hill and aims to help adults who are on the autism spectrum. Though the Rowan chapter of SAIL is not SGA chartered club but it is hosted through the office of volunteerism, Nicole and her fellows enjoy working with the group because it allows college students to connect with the adults and allows the adults to connect with college students and gain motivation to someday, pursue a college education. Each month, Rowan at SAIL hosts events each month for the adults – in September they had a game night and highlighted the karate club , in October they went pumpkin picking, and this month, Rowan at SAIL is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for them!

On top of all of this, Nicole is an athlete! She is on the Women’s Club Lacrosse Team and alongside her role as a team player; she is also the social chair! She sets up different events to get the team bonding flowing. Her team has practice twice a week and games on the weekends. It must be hard to stay on top of athletics while she’s handling everything else! But for Nicole, it’s just another responsibility she has gladly undertaken.

But wait! Don’t forget that Nicole is still a full time student taking on 16 credits. She dedicates plenty of time to her classes and is an extremely, hardworking student. In fact, her professor asked her to help him gain accreditation for the College of Education this semester! Every few years, the different colleges are assessed by a board to determine how well they are doing. This semester, Nicole helped keep the College of Education going strong! Thanks, Nicole!

When she has some free time and time off from classes, Nicole is a certified substitute teacher! She tries to do this on the days when she doesn’t have class and during breaks off from Rowan when public elementary schools are open.

Over the summer, when all these other activities come to a halt, Nicole keeps her energy levels going by working at the summer camp Kid’s Rule, and helping out in her dad’s insurance office up north with secretarial work such as filing different claims.

But don’t think Nicole doesn’t have any time to pursue hobbies – she loves working out! Nothing helps relieve her stress more than a nice, morning jog. And if you’re wondering, Nicole tries to wake up between 6 and 6:30 every day, and aims to be in bed before midnight each night. When I asked her how on earth she manages to do everything, I expected her to reveal to me her true identity as super woman, but instead she simply said “time management, focus, and lots of coffee.” Wow, Nicole! We at Her Campus applaud you!

Lastly, Nicole thinks that Rowan makes it really easy for students to get involved and find what they are passionate about. There are so many opportunities out there for everyone, and she thinks it’s crucial to step out of your boundaries and find different things. That’s how you find your passion! 

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!