Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Features

Ujima Opening Tea Ceremony

By Jaymilynn Rivera
September 28, 2014 - 12:13am

Tuesday, September 23 the Harley E. Flack Peer Mentoring program welcomed its 2014-2015 female mentors and mentees into the Eynon Student Ballroom for Ujima Opening Day Tea Ceremony. Ujima (the Female counterpart of the mentoring program) introduced 91 freshmen and transfer mentees.   READ MORE

Fall Chiller: Gone Girl

By Christina Radicella
September 27, 2014 - 1:38pm

READ MORE

Healthy Campus 101: Surviving the Annual Back-to-School Cold

By Jacobsena8@students.rowan.edu
September 20, 2014 - 4:50pm

It's a new school year and you're ready to conquer all of your classes and you are determined to make the most of it. You start to feel a small tickle in your throat and before you know it you're hit with this annoying cold that you can't seem to get rid of. Now, let's rewind and try our best to avoid this annoying, time-wasting cold and get back to having the best school year yet! 1.)    Clean Hands. I know this sounds like a broken record, but always keep your hands clean. Wash your hands as frequently as possible, and to even make it easier when you're on-the-go, carry around hand sanitizer to use before and after meals, when in public places. (ex. The caf, the Student Center, residence hall lounges, basically anywhere necessary.)...

Why Street Safety is Important at Rowan

By Lindsey Brodowski
September 13, 2014 - 2:57pm

Crossing The Intersection Of Victim and Offender: Why Street Safety Is An Important Issue at Rowan If you jaywalk or cross illegally while on Rowan’s campus, you may think the worst thing that can happen is you will get lectured by a cop or get a fine...Think again.  One of the worst things that can happen to you is: you’re crossing illegally, the stoplight turns green in the opposite direction, and the driver of the car (that seemed to come out of no where) speeds up for the light and slams on the brakes once he sees you in the crosswalk, but it’s too late.  He hits you anyway.   And on the night of September 6th, on the intersection of Route 322 and Main Street, it happened to me. READ MORE...

5 Things You Probably Haven't Noticed Around Rowan University

By Savannah Gaeckler
May 4, 2014 - 6:26pm

1. The architectural glass piece “Glassboro Kaleidoscope” in James Hall, formerly known as Education Hall, was made for the building. 2. On the Student Center patio and outside the Science Building, GSC is in the pavement. The letters stand for Glassboro State College.  3. Profs Place used to be a bookstore, the main dining hall and a bar called The Rathskellar. READ MORE

17th Annual STEM Symposium

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:22pm

Rowan University STEM Student Research Symposium   The 2014 17th Annual STEM Symposium took place on April 25, 2014 inside the Eynon Ballroom within the Chamberlain Student Center on Rowan’s Glassboro campus. The symposium followed a tentative schedule divided in three sections. Session I: 9:00 - 10:45 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster I Intermission Session II: 11:15 - 1:00 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster II & Energy Research Cluster Intermission Session III: 1:30 - 3:15 - includes Pharmaceutical Research Cluster & Computer Games & Applications Cluster READ MORE

2014 Denise Gess Literary Awards

By Laurie Toich
April 16, 2014 - 5:07pm

Last Thursday, April 10th , Rowan students and faculty gathered at Barnes and Nobel to attend the 2014 Literary Awards. The competition required students who wanted to participate to submit a short story, a collection of poetry and/or a creative nonfiction piece. Students from all majors were encouraged to submit. READ MORE

Rowan University’s Housing Waitlist Brings Concerns to Commuters

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 6, 2014 - 5:58pm

READ MORE

Game of Thrones Visual Effects Coordinator, Adam Chazen, is Blazing a Trail Through The Film and Television Industries

By Erin Maglietta
March 30, 2014 - 10:06pm

It’s reassuring to hear, as a student who is on the verge of entering the “real world,” that someone in your chosen field has “made it.” Being a Radio-Television-Film major, I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for those who have graduated and are beginning to, or have managed to find, comfort and safety within a new niche. I am sure it’s like that within all fields of study. Knowing that life outside of college is manageable and dare I say it, even fun sometimes amidst the adult-ness, is pretty cool. READ MORE

Students Protest Rowan University’s Campus Housing Waitlist

By Savannah Gaeckler
March 8, 2014 - 12:05pm

As Rowan University looks to welcome a larger incoming freshmen class, hundreds of upperclassmen are now placed on an on-campus housing waitlist. Rowan University currently lacks the housing buildings required to accommodate all of students who have applied to live on campus. Over 600 students are placed on a housing waitlist and are not guaranteed a place to live on campus for the 2014-2015 school year. This waitlist has significantly increased from last year where the waitlist consisted of only 72 students. Hundreds of students and their friends and family are appalled by the lack of forewarning and planning by the University in making this decision. READ MORE