Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan News

5 Things You Probably Haven't Noticed Around Rowan University

By Savannah Gaeckler
May 4, 2014 - 6:26pm

1. The architectural glass piece “Glassboro Kaleidoscope” in James Hall, formerly known as Education Hall, was made for the building. 2. On the Student Center patio and outside the Science Building, GSC is in the pavement. The letters stand for Glassboro State College.  3. Profs Place used to be a bookstore, the main dining hall and a bar called The Rathskellar. READ MORE

17th Annual STEM Symposium

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:22pm

Rowan University STEM Student Research Symposium   The 2014 17th Annual STEM Symposium took place on April 25, 2014 inside the Eynon Ballroom within the Chamberlain Student Center on Rowan’s Glassboro campus. The symposium followed a tentative schedule divided in three sections. Session I: 9:00 - 10:45 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster I Intermission Session II: 11:15 - 1:00 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster II & Energy Research Cluster Intermission Session III: 1:30 - 3:15 - includes Pharmaceutical Research Cluster & Computer Games & Applications Cluster READ MORE

2014 Denise Gess Literary Awards

By Laurie Toich
April 16, 2014 - 5:07pm

Last Thursday, April 10th , Rowan students and faculty gathered at Barnes and Nobel to attend the 2014 Literary Awards. The competition required students who wanted to participate to submit a short story, a collection of poetry and/or a creative nonfiction piece. Students from all majors were encouraged to submit. READ MORE

Rowan University’s Housing Waitlist Brings Concerns to Commuters

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 6, 2014 - 5:58pm

READ MORE

Game of Thrones Visual Effects Coordinator, Adam Chazen, is Blazing a Trail Through The Film and Television Industries

By Erin Maglietta
March 30, 2014 - 10:06pm

It’s reassuring to hear, as a student who is on the verge of entering the “real world,” that someone in your chosen field has “made it.” Being a Radio-Television-Film major, I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for those who have graduated and are beginning to, or have managed to find, comfort and safety within a new niche. I am sure it’s like that within all fields of study. Knowing that life outside of college is manageable and dare I say it, even fun sometimes amidst the adult-ness, is pretty cool. READ MORE

Students Protest Rowan University’s Campus Housing Waitlist

By Savannah Gaeckler
March 8, 2014 - 12:05pm

As Rowan University looks to welcome a larger incoming freshmen class, hundreds of upperclassmen are now placed on an on-campus housing waitlist. Rowan University currently lacks the housing buildings required to accommodate all of students who have applied to live on campus. Over 600 students are placed on a housing waitlist and are not guaranteed a place to live on campus for the 2014-2015 school year. This waitlist has significantly increased from last year where the waitlist consisted of only 72 students. Hundreds of students and their friends and family are appalled by the lack of forewarning and planning by the University in making this decision. READ MORE

Neil Gaiman Comes to Rowan

By Erin Maglietta
March 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Wonderful and imaginative, inspiring and well-spoken, these are just a few ways in which you could describe last night’s guest speaker, Neil Gaiman. The College of Communications & Creative Arts held this event, located in Wilson Hall. It began just past 7:00 p.m, and the turnout was fantastic. READ MORE

Psycho Beach Party

By Savannah Gaeckler
March 2, 2014 - 3:26pm

Rowan University presents Psycho Beach Party now through March 2nd. Escape the bitter chills of Winter and get a taste of Summer in this comedic play parodying 60s beach films. READ MORE

Tinder: the good, the bad, and the ugly

By Nora Farghaly
February 22, 2014 - 6:05pm

Tinder, the all-powerful hook-up app, has driven college students crazy. As a testament to its infamous success, I joined to see what everyone is raving about and why not meet some guys along the way? All Tinder consists of is rating people off their looks—it’s as simple as a yes or no. Meet the good, bad and ugly.   The Good Many guys on Tinder you may know, since Tinder uses location settings to find other users. So when scrolling through I found other members of Greek life, my co-workers, friends even family (as weird as that sounds).  Swipe to the right to like their picture and spark a conversation. This conversation usually goes well until it either gets awkward or someone initiates meeting up… which may not always be the best decision....

Romantic Movie Night: Staying-In and Going-Out Options

By Jaymilynn Rivera
February 17, 2014 - 12:32am

Going Out: Endless Love READ MORE