Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Features

The Truth about Plan B

By Jaymilynn Rivera
October 25, 2014 - 9:02pm

First (and most importantly) Plan B is not an abortion pill. It will not stop pregnancy if you are already pregnant. Secondly, Plan B must be taken as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) as sperm can live inside the female reproductive system for up to 6 days. You may want to take Plan B if your routine birth control failed, a condom broke or you had unprotected sex. Plan B is not as effective as routine birth control, and should only be taken in cases of an emergency. Side effects that may come with taking Plan-B are as followed: Menstrual changes Nausea Lower stomach (abdominal) pain READ MORE

What Does Rowan Mean To You?

By Lindsey Brodowski
October 18, 2014 - 3:12pm

Over the last week, students on campus came took a break from cramming for midterms and making their spring scheduled to celebrate homecoming. It is a week in the school year where the bleachers are packed, the energy level is high, and the students are wearing their school colors rather than complaining about them. Rowan is currently home to over ten thousand students, and each one has a different view on what our school means to them. So, as we celebrated the brown and gold profs on Saturday before the football game against Morrisville State College, I asked Rowan students what Rowan meant to them. And although each student answered differently, each of them had answer full of Prof Pride. 
READ MORE...

A Slice of Life at Rowan: The Freshmen and the Dancing Portal

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 11, 2014 - 8:07pm

As I entered The Game Room in the Rowan University student center, right behind Wow Wingery, I heard the rhythm of stomping shoes. As I moved closer I heard video game sound effects. I saw bright lights and a small stage. Three students were mesmerized by the machine craeting these noises and lights. But they weren’t talking. There was so speaking while these students bounced and skipped on this mini stage in The Food Court. It was a serious game of Dance Dance Revolution. READ MORE

10 Things College Girls Need to Stop Feeling Guilty About

By Sammi Caramela
October 10, 2014 - 8:49pm

1.Waking up late. This is college, which means late nights studying, partying, Netflexing, etc. You may not have the best sleeping habits…but hey, you’re young. You might as well take advantage of all the sleep you can get before midterm/finals week! 2.Failing an exam. READ MORE

Ujima Opening Tea Ceremony

By Jaymilynn Rivera
September 28, 2014 - 12:13am

Tuesday, September 23 the Harley E. Flack Peer Mentoring program welcomed its 2014-2015 female mentors and mentees into the Eynon Student Ballroom for Ujima Opening Day Tea Ceremony. Ujima (the Female counterpart of the mentoring program) introduced 91 freshmen and transfer mentees.   READ MORE

Fall Chiller: Gone Girl

By Christina Radicella
September 27, 2014 - 1:38pm

READ MORE

Healthy Campus 101: Surviving the Annual Back-to-School Cold

By Jacobsena8@students.rowan.edu
September 20, 2014 - 4:50pm

It's a new school year and you're ready to conquer all of your classes and you are determined to make the most of it. You start to feel a small tickle in your throat and before you know it you're hit with this annoying cold that you can't seem to get rid of. Now, let's rewind and try our best to avoid this annoying, time-wasting cold and get back to having the best school year yet! 1.)    Clean Hands. I know this sounds like a broken record, but always keep your hands clean. Wash your hands as frequently as possible, and to even make it easier when you're on-the-go, carry around hand sanitizer to use before and after meals, when in public places. (ex. The caf, the Student Center, residence hall lounges, basically anywhere necessary.)...

Why Street Safety is Important at Rowan

By Lindsey Brodowski
September 13, 2014 - 2:57pm

Crossing The Intersection Of Victim and Offender: Why Street Safety Is An Important Issue at Rowan If you jaywalk or cross illegally while on Rowan’s campus, you may think the worst thing that can happen is you will get lectured by a cop or get a fine...Think again.  One of the worst things that can happen to you is: you’re crossing illegally, the stoplight turns green in the opposite direction, and the driver of the car (that seemed to come out of no where) speeds up for the light and slams on the brakes once he sees you in the crosswalk, but it’s too late.  He hits you anyway.   And on the night of September 6th, on the intersection of Route 322 and Main Street, it happened to me. READ MORE...

5 Things You Probably Haven't Noticed Around Rowan University

By Savannah Gaeckler
May 4, 2014 - 6:26pm

1. The architectural glass piece “Glassboro Kaleidoscope” in James Hall, formerly known as Education Hall, was made for the building. 2. On the Student Center patio and outside the Science Building, GSC is in the pavement. The letters stand for Glassboro State College.  3. Profs Place used to be a bookstore, the main dining hall and a bar called The Rathskellar. READ MORE

17th Annual STEM Symposium

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:22pm

Rowan University STEM Student Research Symposium   The 2014 17th Annual STEM Symposium took place on April 25, 2014 inside the Eynon Ballroom within the Chamberlain Student Center on Rowan’s Glassboro campus. The symposium followed a tentative schedule divided in three sections. Session I: 9:00 - 10:45 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster I Intermission Session II: 11:15 - 1:00 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster II & Energy Research Cluster Intermission Session III: 1:30 - 3:15 - includes Pharmaceutical Research Cluster & Computer Games & Applications Cluster READ MORE