Meet Rowan’s Newest Hip Hop Group

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

“You can do anything you want if you set your mind to it.” Is it not easier said than done? Well, in this case persistence prevails. DJIG is a rap group consisting of three members, John Harris, Garrick Adamson, and Isaiah DuPree. Two of them are current students at our own Rowan University, John Harris and Garrick Adamson. John is a communications major, while Garrick is a physical health and education major who plays soccer for Rowan. What started out as a few rough tracks of verses and bars in their early high school years at Glassboro High School, has developed into something much more.

With a mix tape called “Pre-Game” circulating Rowan University, a second one is soon to follow. This group has an undeniable amount of talent and is finally starting to be recognized.  NBA 2K 12, a popular video game, is featuring our very own DJIG in it, with an original song called “Now’s My Time.” A soundtrack that features other artists such as Eminem and Cee-Lo has left a spot open for DJIG.

“This is just the beginning, we’re going places and you’re gonna be seeing us around!” says John, who is ecstatic about the whole thing. You can check them out on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, and head to their website, www.djigmusic.com, but know when you see them floating around Rowan University’s main campus don’t be shy! Say hello because they love meeting people and making fans.  DJIG is a rap group whose passion for music is starting to make its mark at Rowan University and on the video game world. Who knows what’s next for these very talented guys.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!