How to Wear Brown and Yellow for Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Homecoming is the best time to show you’re school spirit and proudly support your team by wearing their colors.  Unfortunately, Rowan was never blessed with cool school colors.  And trying to make them look cute is nearly impossible.  But no worries, we came up with some fashionable tips that will make every school envy the yellow and brown Profs!

It’s a know fact that girls live in cardigans in the fall. And surprisingly, yellow and brown cardigans can actually be stylish!

Brown cardigan: $17.90, Forever 21

Yellow cardigan: $40, Tobi

For the game day fashionista, try some yellow pants that will give your homecoming outfit the edge it needs. 

$15.90, Forever 21

Rowan’s Bookstore has stepped up their fashion game with this adorable Rowan long sleeved jersey!  (And if you really hate yellow, it comes in other colors!)

$49.98, Rowan University Bookstore

If your school spirit goes all the way to your toes, then wear yellow tall socks that will peak out of your brown tall boots.                          

Socks: $30, Urban Outfitters

Boots, $69.99, Famous Footwear

Yellow and brown knit accessories will give you just a touch of school spirit and will also keep you warm in the football stands!

Scarf: $17.99, Target

Beanie: $30, Love Your Melon

And remember: if you’re wearing brown pants or a brown shirt, do NOT wear black.  Brown and black are like a pair of bad exes: they’ll never work

Happy Homecoming!  Go yellow and brown!

I'm super excited to be the secretary for Her Campus Rowan! I'm at an PR Coordinator at Philly PR Girl, and I'm a senior (where has the time gone?!) I'm a PR major and a journalism minor, and I also write for The Odyssey.