How to Survive Valentine’s Day If You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

We all know Valentine’s Day as the day couples go out to eat, share some chocolate and wine, then go home to cuddle. But what about us who don’t have anyone special to share the day with? Well, this year I’ve got the perfect guide on how to survive Valentine’s Day if you’re single!

Go see a movie!

On February 12th,  How to be Single came out in theaters and features Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect’s Fat Amy) and Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey’s Anastasia). 

What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with two single ladies who know how to partayyyyy?

Celebrate with the people that love you the most.

Going home to see family is sure to cheer you up!  Since winter break ended a month ago, they’re sure to miss you and I’m sure you miss them, too!  What better gifts than a hug from mom and dad, and a home cooked meal followed by your favorite dessert?!

Netflix binge (…and cry)

You might want to buy a box of tissues and a bottle of wine in preparation for the tears and the “Why-can’t-I-find-someone-like-that” questions you’ll scream at your laptop.

Try a new hobby or activity!

Painting with a twist: Grab some friends and have a night of fun learning to paint a scene on canvas.  It’s $35 for a two hour class, but the best part is it’s BYOB!

High Elevations Trampoline Park: Jump around in a room of trampolines like a little kid for hours?  Absolutely!

Penn’s Landing Ice Skating Rink: Maybe you’ll find your soulmate gliding across the ice rink, stopping just in time to catch you before you fall.

Cuddle with Your Pets

I mean, they’re the only ones that really understand us, right?

Send yourself a bouquet of flowers with a personalized card.

Dear Valentine,

Whenever I want to see you, all I have to do is look in the mirror. 

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love,

Me.

Just remember, even if you don’t have a Valentine, you are still loved!  AND, the most important thing is self-love, so go out and do something for yourself.  You deserve it! 

I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.