George Clark

Posted -

This week's Campus Celeb is George Clark, journalism adjunct professor and adviser for Rowan's independent student-run newspaper, The Whit.

Clark was asked by the journalism department to serve as the adviser for the publication in 2005.  Since then, he has enjoyed being able to work with young journalists early in their careers and provide a source of guidance. According to Clark, he will always encourage his students to strive for more. 

“I love it, it's more fun than anything else, it gets me to help guide the students, without pushing them,” said Clark.

Retired from his longtime position as an editor for the Courier-Post newspaper in Cherry Hill, Clark has finally been able to enjoy teaching more as a part-time professor. He mentions that he is able to “relax and have a good time without the pressures of full-time teaching.”

During his time at the Post, he loved the diversity of the work within the field.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.