Fun Family Festivities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”‘>The main event of the weekend was the family picnic on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. followed by the 1:00 p.m. football game in Richard Wacker Stadium against Brockport College, in which Rowan won 17 to 3.

mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”‘>Other events on Saturday included a tour of the Rowan WGLS Radio Station, a tour of the Bantivoglio Honors Concentration wing of the Whitney Center, and Planetarium show.    No matter what your family’s interests are there was something for everyone!  Saturday night from 9:00p.m.- 1:00 a.m. there was family bingo in the Pit of the Student Center with many prizes such as: Rowan sweatshirts, blankets and gift cards to Barnes and Noble. 

mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”‘>Freshman RTF major, Patrick Leemann, who went to the football and soccer games thought family weekend, “ was really nice, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and everything ran smoothly.  It was nice to have a different feel on campus.”

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.