Destressing After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!

Earlier today, after I got home from my last final, I grabbed my laptop and was about to start… working on a paper – even though I didn’t have one. Then, I tried to take a nap, but kept waking up because I was worried I was losing time to study.

Has anyone else felt like this? If so, you are facing a classic case of post final-itis, which is officially a disorder as of now (I diagnose disorders, don’t ya know?)

How can we shake this tension of having to worry about working all the time? Well, maybe we can start by trying out a few of these things…

1. 

Go for a walk and remember that there is a world outside of your textbooks. Plus, it’s been a while since you saw the sun, is it still the biggest and brightest thing in the sky?

2. Dance it out, because it’s fun and it works. Do the tango with your roommate, jump around by yourself, or a slow waltz with your significant other; either way, it melts away all your stress.

3. Read a good book and let another world envelop you and take you far, far away from the stress of this life.

4.  Exercise, burn off the high you got from studying and acquire a runners high instead.

5. Visit an animal shelter and see all the adorable puppies and kittens.

6. Take a hot bath. The water and bubbles, mixed with potential candles and soothing music will do wonders for your soul.

7. Splurge on a massage. Because you earned one.

8. Girls/boys night in/out! Your friends are a great way to blow off steam, and now that everyone is finished with school; there’s no holding back!

9. EAT! Yes my lovely college friends, eat and eat some more. You are allowed to treat yourself now that finals are over. But remember to eat in moderation to stay healthy!

10. Just sleep, and sleep some more. Sleep in past noon, don’t set an alarm, and let no one interrupt your time with your bed, because it’s been a long time coming.

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!