David Roberts ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Q: What is your major and when do you plan on graduating?
A: Welp, I’m preparing to graduate with my Bachelors in Fine Arts spring 2012.

Q: What made you decide on Fine Arts? Did anyone inspire you to become an artist?
A: I’ve been drawing since I was little. Luckily for me creativity happened to run in my family. My family has always been very supportive.

Q: What do you like to do for fun around campus?
A: The campus is very beautiful and I try to just enjoy the scenery and visit as many friends as I can. Being an art major I tend to shut myself indoors to finish my work so I often opt to walk wherever I’m going. 

Q: Are you single? What would be your ideal first date?
A: I am currently single. I like being unconventional, however I am a cinephile (person with a passionate interest in cinema), so I love going to the movies. But just going someplace with someone where you can share your thoughts and ideas. As long as there is initial chemistry it makes no difference where you end up spending time together.

Q: Is there anything a girl can do that would make a date perfect in your eyes?
A: A perfect date would be two people sharing in a new experience and having a lot of laughs. As long as I leave with a smile still on my face at the end of the night.

Q: What qualities do you look for in a partner?
A: If they have a sense of humor and we share some common interests, the possibilities are endless. It really all comes down to chemistry. I’m a shy guy so if a girl is just laid back, it helps. 

Q: Anything you want our collegiettes™ around Rowan to know? 
A: Just that I’m approachable. I’ve been told that I seem intimidating at first glance so just don’t be afraid to say hi and ask me what I’m drawing or how I’m doing. I love making new friends.

Q: Any plans for post-graduation?
A: Ideally to continue to stay around here and work around Philly in an art concentrated job. However, New York, Baltimore, Florida, and California are real possibilities. Really as long as I’m doing something art related I’ll be happy. It’s important to love what you do in this life.

Q: Lastly, what’s that new flick out in theaters that you’re dying to see?
A: WELL! You know how I said I’m a cinephile…Real Steeljust came out. I also would really like to see Drive, Warrior, and The Debt. The remake of The Thingis opening soon and it looks really amazing as well. I can’t help myself.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!