Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Dance in Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Posted Oct 7 2012 - 10:43pm

Ladies wear your favorite pink fitness attire and sweat the night away in Zumba to help fight against breast cancer.

Delta Phi Epsilon & Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural Fraternity, Inc. of Rowan University will be hosting a Zumba class outside in the Student Center Patio October 17th from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. The minimum is only a one dollar donation!

Join instructor Kristin Weinstein as she cranks up the music and shows you how to dance like there is no tomorrow. 

Just a Few things to keep in mind…

Every woman is at risk for breast cancer including you. Statistics show that about 1 in 8 women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. According to the American Cancer Society, about 226,870 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women. About 39,510 women will die from breast cancer making it the second leading cause of death for women.

Early detection, increased awareness, as well as improved treatments has helped decrease the amount of death rates due to breast cancer. That’s why it’s important to be aware and do a regular self examination. Check out the seven steps to checking your breast on Brightpink.org. It’s imperative to be aware of your body and any changes that may occur.

So what can you do to help?

Contribute to spread the word of breast cancer awareness and encourage other women to check their breast! And come out and dance so we can stomp breast cancer together!

So let’s start moving to end breast cancer. We can do it together.

So Remember Ladies move it, Shake it, and Fight against it!

You Might Also Like...
Fill out my online form.