Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Celebrities

Her Campus Back To School Survival Kit

By Chiyonte Warren
October 18, 2014 - 7:59pm

The ladies from Her Campus Nationals have definitely whipped up an amazing Back-To-School Survival Kit to make any collegiette's life a breeze and we are extremely grateful.   Our kits were filled with goodies to make a girl's life a whole lot easier. Need a new wardrobe for the fall activities? Well with ten dollars off one's entire purchase we will definitely get a bang for our buck. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Cassie Stahlman

By Laurie Toich
October 10, 2014 - 9:10pm

Cassie Stahlman is a 23 year old Rowan Alumni who graduated from our psychology program in 2013. At Rowan, she took Profession and Practice of Psychology she said, “it really prepared me for all of the options that I had. I wanted to be a therapist and I knew that I could only do this by getting my Master’s Degree.” So, after Rowan, she decided to attend Rutgers University to pursue her Masters degree in Social Work. What is she doing there? She’s changing lives. See why Cassie is our Campus Celebrity of the week! READ MORE

Randy Myer- Rowan Alumni

By Lindsey Brodowski
October 4, 2014 - 10:25pm

Waiting for Randy Meyer to sit down with me for this interview was like waiting for in line to meet your favorite Disney World character.  Every person in the student center wanted to meet the guitar player and lead singer of We Speak in Sounds after the band played a set Friday Night.  And with every person he met, he smiled brightly, and talked to them as if they have been friends for years.              READ MORE

Kylie Young: Musician, Artist and Hula Hoop dancer

By Ashley Oliver
September 23, 2014 - 6:58pm

READ MORE

Oriana Moreno: International musician and Rowan student

By Jacqueline Klecak
September 21, 2014 - 8:09pm

* When I met Oriana Moreno at my on-campus job at the writing center, I knew I wanted to profile her. I wrote this article last semester after interveiwing and spending time with Oriana in Barnes and Noble. Here is her incredible story.*   When she was a little girl, Oriana Moreno wanted to be a dentist… Coming from a family of musicians, this was an unlikely dream. But then one of her favorite teachers in music school, Simon Gollo, gave her a proposition:   READ MORE

Q&A with Sophia Pettiford, Creator of Twenteeplus.com

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 16, 2014 - 5:16pm

This week HerCampus had the opportunity to speak with Sophia Pettiford, founder and creator, of Twenteeplus.com. A wesbite for all those 20+ featuring articles and news from all different genres. Pettiford is a student at Rowan University who created the website for a class of hers.      I hear you started this website because of an assignment. What class was this for?  Yes, I did. It started for my Participatory Media class with Professor Maria Simone.   What was the assignment?  READ MORE

Julia Voltis Shaves Her Head in Support of Childhood Cancer Research

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 15, 2014 - 8:50pm

By: Savannah Gaeckler Julia “Jul” Voltis, a Liberal Studies and Elementary Education major at Rowan University, shaved her head the day before her 23rd birthday in the honor of six beautiful little girls. READ MORE

Ashlee Petroski: Co- founder and President of Rowan’s Equestrian Team

By Laurie Toich
March 29, 2014 - 3:11pm

Ashlee’s favorite quote is “It doesn't matter how good you are, it matters if you have the passion,” and that sums up the reason she wanted to bring the love of horseback riding to Rowan University. Ever since she was a child she had a passion for animals and it has been a huge part of her life. READ MORE

Future Teacher: Amy Stehman

By Jaymilynn Rivera
March 15, 2014 - 1:01pm

Amy Stehman runs around campus a lot, and it isn’t all just for exercise. President of the Asian Cultural Alliance, Peer Mentor and Undergraduate Coordinator for Harley E. Flack Peer Mentoring Program, and Building Manager for the Student Center. Stehman will also begin student teaching in the upcoming fall.  She has been heavily involved at Rowan from day one. An Elementary Education, Liberal Arts, and Writing Arts major with a specialization in Middle School Language Arts with a Special Education endorsement, Stehman has observed grades 2nd and 5th, but hopes to teach 1st graders. READ MORE

Chrissy Strow: VP of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association

By Laurie Toich
March 8, 2014 - 4:43pm

“Tough times don’t last, tough people do” After falling while running on the track freshman year, Chrissy Strow vowed never to set foot into the Rec Center again. Now as a senior she is an integral part of the Rec Center family. She is a Fitness Supervisor, a personal trainer, and teaches group exercise classes.  In addition to this, she is the vice president of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association or RIRSA. For some this may seem like a lot for one person to do, but it’s more than just a job to her. “I love all of my areas of involvement at the Rec Center because each role allows for me to grow as a fitness professional and also allows me to help others which is my goal,” Chrissy says....