Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Celebrities

Q&A with Sophia Pettiford, Creator of Twenteeplus.com

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 16, 2014 - 5:16pm

This week HerCampus had the opportunity to speak with Sophia Pettiford, founder and creator, of Twenteeplus.com. A wesbite for all those 20+ featuring articles and news from all different genres. Pettiford is a student at Rowan University who created the website for a class of hers.      I hear you started this website because of an assignment. What class was this for?  Yes, I did. It started for my Participatory Media class with Professor Maria Simone.   What was the assignment?  READ MORE

Julia Voltis Shaves Her Head in Support of Childhood Cancer Research

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 15, 2014 - 8:50pm

By: Savannah Gaeckler Julia “Jul” Voltis, a Liberal Studies and Elementary Education major at Rowan University, shaved her head the day before her 23rd birthday in the honor of six beautiful little girls. READ MORE

Ashlee Petroski: Co- founder and President of Rowan’s Equestrian Team

By Laurie Toich
March 29, 2014 - 3:11pm

Ashlee’s favorite quote is “It doesn't matter how good you are, it matters if you have the passion,” and that sums up the reason she wanted to bring the love of horseback riding to Rowan University. Ever since she was a child she had a passion for animals and it has been a huge part of her life. READ MORE

Future Teacher: Amy Stehman

By Jaymilynn Rivera
March 15, 2014 - 1:01pm

Amy Stehman runs around campus a lot, and it isn’t all just for exercise. President of the Asian Cultural Alliance, Peer Mentor and Undergraduate Coordinator for Harley E. Flack Peer Mentoring Program, and Building Manager for the Student Center. Stehman will also begin student teaching in the upcoming fall.  She has been heavily involved at Rowan from day one. An Elementary Education, Liberal Arts, and Writing Arts major with a specialization in Middle School Language Arts with a Special Education endorsement, Stehman has observed grades 2nd and 5th, but hopes to teach 1st graders. READ MORE

Chrissy Strow: VP of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association

By Laurie Toich
March 8, 2014 - 4:43pm

“Tough times don’t last, tough people do” After falling while running on the track freshman year, Chrissy Strow vowed never to set foot into the Rec Center again. Now as a senior she is an integral part of the Rec Center family. She is a Fitness Supervisor, a personal trainer, and teaches group exercise classes.  In addition to this, she is the vice president of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association or RIRSA. For some this may seem like a lot for one person to do, but it’s more than just a job to her. “I love all of my areas of involvement at the Rec Center because each role allows for me to grow as a fitness professional and also allows me to help others which is my goal,” Chrissy says....

Graduate Student from Africa Transforms from Scared to Confident

By Jacqueline Klecak
November 11, 2013 - 12:32am

“Excuse me, I’m lost. Can you please help me find 69th street?” What would you do if someone handed you a note with this message on it in a subway station? How would you feel if you were the person approaching people with this note in your hand? READ MORE

Rowan Television Network President Tells All

By Erin Maglietta
November 1, 2013 - 5:11pm

Have you ever seen fellow students around campus with cameras? How about reporters on the sideline at our football games, or the people getting up close and personal to comedians, magicians, and musicians at RAH events? That’s the Rowan Television Network! RTN is a club that is dedicated to aiding the Rowan community through video services. As the secretary for RTN, I took the time to sit down with our President, Jason Carubia, to ask him a couple of questions… Q) How did you get involved in RTN?   READ MORE

Meet Corinthea Harris- VP of the Public Relations Club

By Jaymilynn Rivera
September 28, 2013 - 2:31pm

“I believe that good things come to those who wait, but I also believe that good things come to those who go after what they want.”             If you have seen this girl running around campus it wouldn’t surprise me. She does a lot for the community and for Rowan University. Busy and always on a mission, this is Corinthea Harris, and she is what being a college student is all about.             Corinthea started her college career at Atlantic Cape Community College where she studied Communications with a Journalism Track. In 2011, she won the Communication Major of the Year Award for Atlantic Cape’s 4th Annual Communication Awards. READ MORE

Students tell it all..

By Ashleigh Laier
February 24, 2013 - 6:35pm

De’Ja Whyles How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? Well I’m in a relationship so for me, I expect my boyfriend to get me things. I don’t know, it’s a regular day but I feel like I should at least get some flowers or something, or a date or something. But you know, it depends. Does Valentine’s Day fall during the week or during the weekend? It’s Thursday this year. READ MORE

Liz Ditzel

By Ashleigh Laier
December 17, 2012 - 1:45pm

READ MORE