Campus Cutie: Valentine’s Day Edition Elisa Laurelli & Mark Vandzura

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Elisa, 22, is a Rowan Alumni Class of 2013. She graduated from Rowan University last spring with her bachelor’s in public relations. She was also the Vice President of Special Events for the Public Relations Student Society of American (PRSSA). While at Rowan Elisa was a valuable asset in her organizations and to the community, also during her journey here, she found love with a blue-eyed sweetheart named Mark Vandzura.

When did you and Mark meet?

Mark and I met on November 11, 2012

Where did you meet?

At a party I was throwing at my apartment.

What did you first think of each other?

I thought he was really cute, but he thought I was sweaty!

How long have you been together?

A little over a year.

Any plans for Valentine’s Day?

He’s currently avoiding the topic of Valentine’s Day

Who’s the more romantic of the two?

I’m definitely the more romantic one, but he does pretty well when he puts his “romance pants” on.

What’s the sweetest thing you have ever done for each other?

We haven’t done just one thing for each other. We strive to do nice things for each other every day.

Any pet names?

I call him honey buns, and he calls me sweet cheeks.

What do you like most about each other?

He’s my rock. He always supports me in everything that I do, and his lame answer is that there’s too many options to pick from what he likes the most about me (laughs).

Any advice for other campus couples?

Make time for each other. It’s so easy to get caught up in school and other friends, but you need open and honest communication to ensure a healthy and balanced relationship. And that no one has it figured out so don’t think anything is wrong because it doesn’t seem “perfect”. 

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!