Campus Cutie: Eliakah Kakou ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

(Eliakah with girlfriend Ciara Bouyer)  

Eliakah Kakou, the strong and silent type, who after getting to know is not as intimateding as he may appear. He’s friendly, courteous and is always putting others’ needs before his own. If you ever need help with programming or just looking for someone genuine to hang out with, make sure you find him. 

Birthday: May 21st

Sign: Gemini

Major: Computer Science

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Teaneck, New Jersey

Hobbies: Skateboarding, Longboarding, Playing soccer and Programming

Where can you be found at Rowan?: The computer science department at Robinson hall, or Rowan Boulevard.  

Plans for Spring Break: I am not sure yet. So far I think I might go to NY to see the St Patrick’s Day parade.

Accomplishments: I just finished a sign-in program/website for Academic advising center. I think that’s pretty cool.

Motto:

(The Serenity Prayer)

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

What is it like being an RA?: Aside from the paperwork, I can personally say that it is an amazing experience.  Mainly because as an RA I really get the sense that what I do matters. The residents look to me as a resource and being there to help them when they need support feels great. It is a rewarding feeling. 

Where are you an RA at?: I am an RA at rowan boulevard phase 2.

Where have you traveled to?: I used to live in the Ivory Coast until august of 2008, when I came to the United States with my mother and my brother. I made a stop in Morocco on my way to the states. It was amazing. I also went to Boston and Canada over winter break which was a lot of fun. I got to speak my first language (French) without feeling self-conscious.

What Rowan activities are you involved in?: I am the social chair for the soccer club. I am also the Treasurer of the Rowan Computer Security Club. I also work in research at the Computer Science department in Robinson hall.

What do you plan to do once you graduate?: Well, I hope to go to graduate school, after that hopefully get a job at a tech company. My dream job is to work at Google. If can’t get a job, I plan on starting my own company with a couple of friends.

What are the top five things on your bucket list?

1- Make enough money so that my mom can stop working

2- Meet Mark Zuckerberg

3- Become my own boss

4- Go to Greenland and long board on their beautiful empty roads

5- Go skydiving

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!