This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

People from out of state don’t understand us. They call us crazy, dangerous, and mean. We call it passion, heart, and the desire to be the best. We assemble together in South Philadelphia to spend our summer nights, fall Sundays, and the long winter days. This is the life we live as a Philadelphia sports fans. Being a fan of these teams is not an easy task. When the team goes on losing streaks, we feel the pain. When the teams are clawing their way toward the top, we rally around them. When they win, the city shakes from the screaming fans. Take our recent victory over the Vikings. Everyone doubted us, but we still came out victorious. Nothing will satisfy our hunger until we wear the rings of champions and ascend down Broad Street in celebration. God help the teams who stand in our way. Come Super Bowl Sunday, we will bee celebrating again. 

Go Eagles, Go Phillies, Go Sixers, Go Flyers!

So don’t change because others look down on us. Scream louder for your team. Wear your sports gear with pride. In Philadelphia, we are united by our sports teams. Together we stand, together we fall, together we root for the best teams in the world.