Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Blog

14 Thoughts Every College Girl Has On Halloween

By Lindsey Brodowski
October 25, 2014 - 7:36pm

1. The scariest part of Halloween in college?  Having class that day.   2.  Why don’t professors cancel class on Halloween?  Chances are I won’t be paying attention unless the professor is dressed up and passing out candy.   3.  You know what else is scary?  November starts tomorrow.   4.  If my costume doesn’t work out, I can always dress up as a biker chick.   5.  Someone please tell me Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown are on TV today.   6. Where are we going out tonight?  Frat house? Friend’s house?  As long as we go to a place where I can wear a costume, I’m fine with anything.   7. How’s my costume?  And my hair? Do I need lipstick?   READ MORE

How to Deal with the Chilly Weather

By Naveen Khan
October 19, 2014 - 6:31pm

Ah, fall. The trees change color, the mosquitoes disappear. Hot cocoa galore, pumpkins everywhere, haunted houses, bonfires and the inevitable cold that accompanies it all. If you’re more of a summer and spring kind of person rather than fall and winter, these upcoming chilly months are not the greatest part of the year. I am myself a fall lover, but I still get cold. I mean, we’re all human, right? Here are some ways that can help keep you warm till spring break. READ MORE

American Horror Story new season review

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 15, 2014 - 1:41am

With the second episode of the 5th season of American Horror Story airing tonight I figured I’d recap and review last week’s premier. Let me start off by saying I am not a fan of scary things, I actually hate them. I refuse to go to Fright Fest with my friends at Six Flags, I’ve never seen Insidious or The Conjuring and I don’t plan on it. But I enjoyed, if you can enjoy something gruesome and strange, or rather was glued to the television during the 1st episode of AHS’s Freak show.   The camera angles, the suspense, the idea of freak show itself was riveting and attention grabbing. As the bearded lady, the host of the freak show, put it, “A plethora of the strange, the weird the bizarre,” perfectly sums up the characteristics of this season.  ...

5 Essential Tips For Applying To Studying Abroad

By Sami Goldin, Melissa Heath
October 11, 2014 - 11:18pm

When going to college, many students think of the different opportunities they can make in college. For example, students think it is an amazing opportunity to study abroad. Being that Melissa decided to study abroad, the two of us have been on a journey through the applying process. We thought it would be helpful to think of 5 essential tips while applying to study abroad.   READ MORE

Salsa Night

By Chiyonte Warren
October 4, 2014 - 9:30pm

READ MORE

Advice for facing our insecurities

By Sammi Caramela
October 4, 2014 - 5:26pm

Everyone is different—unique. We all have our own quirks, beliefs, and “flaws,” as some may say. The problem with society is that we are brainwashed to believe that our differences are flaws, or imperfections. Who is to define perfection and imperfection in the first place? When confronted about insecurities, Jenna Filippoli, sophomore at Rowan University, stated her own internal conflicts. “I feel like my biggest flaw is my complexion. I’ve never had the clearest skin, and I always compare myself to the other girls because it seems like everyone else has flawless complexions.” READ MORE

Self-Defense and Safety Tips

By Laurie Toich
September 23, 2014 - 6:50pm

A large concern in today’s world is safety. We hear stories of people getting robbed or attacked every day. As a female college student the fear of these things happening is constant. Last year in Glassboro alone there were 18 robberies, 14 assaults, and 329 thefts in the year 2012 (more information can be found at http://www.usa.com/glassboro-nj-crime-and-crime-rate.htm). Those statistics show that Glassboro is not the safest town to be living in. As a female college student, it is always best to make sure that you’re safe at night and aware of the dangers that are out there. Here are some safety tips/tricks:   READ...

Happy Living

By Naveen Khan
September 21, 2014 - 10:11pm

Healthy living. It is everywhere these days. You can barely go a day without hearing the words “organic,” “exercise” or “fit.” Granted, Green Zebra is a fantastic place to eat without feeling guilty, and a little jog on the treadmill never really hurt anyone, but I have the ultimate health tip.             No, I’m not here to advertise a new supplement, or try to convince you to start jogging through the campus at 5 a.m. because let’s get real, if I were, you would stop reading this right here. Am I right?             No, instead I’m here to tell you that even if you eat and drink greens and run miles each day, you still may be putting your health at risk. Confused? Come with me now. READ MORE...

Meet the Greeks

By Kaila Wyatt
September 14, 2014 - 1:08pm

READ MORE

What it’s like to live in a college house of six females

By Jacqueline Klecak
May 4, 2014 - 9:48pm

The smell of hair burning on a curling iron, the sound of Beyoncé blasting, and cute decorations and inspirational quotes everywhere in sight. If those are the first things that come to mind when you think of six college-aged females living in an off-campus house together, then you’d be correct. READ MORE