Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Blog

Spring Has Sprung Playlist

By Erin Maglietta
April 20, 2014 - 10:14pm

As a spring baby, I thrive in warm weather and live for the days I can wear dresses and shorts, and go on a drive to nowhere with the windows down.   Listen to these songs on your way to class, driving in your car, or any time in between!   1. Needle - Born Ruffians 2. Boys Chase Girls - Ingrid Michaelson 3. Teardrop - Massive Attack 4. Team - Lorde 5. Fight to Keep - Run River North 6. Riptide - Vance Joy 7. À tout à l'heure- Bibio 8. Wild - Car Kids 9. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles 10. I Wanna Go - Summer Hearts 11. Forever - Haim 12. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend 13. After Hours - We Are Scientists 14. Millions - Hannah Georgas (*explicit*) READ MORE

8 signs you are obsessed with being a journalism major

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 10, 2014 - 9:03pm

1. When your roommates/friends can’t find you for hours because you are: Interviewing someone for an article Taking pictures for an article Writing an article 2. When your roommates/friends talk about any classmate, professor, or well-known person on campus and you’re like “Oh yeah I know them. I interviewed them once.” READ MORE

Grilly Cheese: restaurant review

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 7, 2014 - 10:51pm

Not only does Glassboro’s newest restaurant, which just opened on Tuesday,  serve mouthwatering melted cheese sandwiches, it’s also open until midnight, delivers, and accepts Rowan University’s currency, Boro Bucks. Yep, Grilly Cheese located at 22 East High Street is perfect for college students on a budget, picky kids and even vegetarians. I am a huge cheese lover. American, Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar- I love them all. When I heard about a new grilled cheese restaurant, appropriately named Grilly Cheese, I couldn’t wait to go. READ MORE

The 7 People You Meet in College

By Jaymilynn Rivera
March 29, 2014 - 1:23pm

The 7 People You Meet in College Each fresh and eager freshmen has high expectations of the people they may meet in college. They have seen the movies, read all the articles and have heard the stories of those older than them. So here’s a rundown of the 7 most common people you will meet in college. #7- The Person who is Involved in Everything. READ MORE

Women & Weights

By Laurie Toich
March 15, 2014 - 11:05pm

When wanting to lose weight a lot of women stick to cardio (yoga, running on the treadmill, using the spin bike or elliptical) and do some ab work outs. While cardio is a good way to warm up, it should not be the only exercise done for effective weight loss.  Many women choose cardio over weight lifting because they think that lifting will make them bulky. I’m here to tell you that lifting weights is good for you and will make you lean not bulky. Here are some reasons why women should get into the weight room and lift.   READ MORE

International Women's Day: What being a Woman means to me

By Jaymilynn Rivera
March 8, 2014 - 11:34am

“No matter where you are from your dreams are valid.” – Lupita Nyong'o The Oscar winner, Lupita Nyong’o, warmed the hearts of people all around the globe when accepting her win for Best Supporting Actress for 12 Years a Slave at the 86th Annual Academy Awards Ceremony. Today, on International Women’s Day, I want to explain what being a women means to me and all the influential women in my life who have shaped me into who I am, and how Lupita’s quote hit close to home. READ MORE

Every Woman: Double Standards

By Ja'Lea Drummond
March 2, 2014 - 3:22pm

Why do you get paid less money when you do the SAME job as him? Why are your opinions, ideas, and credibility underestimated by your male counterparts because you’re a FEMALE? Why is it that when a woman is promiscuous she’s termed a “whore” but when a man does the same he’s a “player”?  Why do your parents allow your male sibling to do everything they don’t allow you to do, and their excuse is “because he’s a boy.”  But what is it that separates boys from girls besides their anatomical makeup, is it something that surpasses this?  The answers to these questions are DOUBLE STANDARDS; this is when two groups are judged against different standards. READ MORE

Every Woman: “Friend or Frenemy”

By Ja'Lea Drummond
February 23, 2014 - 10:56pm

What do you consider a friend to be—is it someone you can tell everything to or someone you have sleepovers with?  Someone who you were told to play with as kids and just clicked, someone who you did homework with or shopped with, or someone you can’t imagine your life without?  Webster defines a friend as a favored companion, an acquaintance, someone who is not hostile, or someone you’re attached to by affection or esteem.  So if this is what serves as a friend, when did the definition of a friend become skewed to a person that knows every detail of your life? READ MORE

Every Woman: How to Have a Healthy Relationship

By Ja'Lea Drummond
February 16, 2014 - 4:27pm

*picture from- www.wallsave.com   READ MORE

Every Woman: transitioning from crush to love interest

By Ja'Lea Drummond
February 10, 2014 - 10:54am

“I like him but….”, “He didn’t text me, should I…”, “I want a relationship, but….” these are just a few questions that reign true in the minds of some women.  I’ve personally struggled with these questions, whether if I should express my interest in a crush, should I text him first, or even when is the right time to discuss a relationship.  It’s so ironic to believe that after four waves of feminism and standing up for our rights, that we still debate on whether if it’s acceptable to contact a man first.  If we’re uneasy about texting, tweeting, or calling him/her first it should be no surprise that we resort and accept the whimsy requirements of casual dating, in spite of truly wanting a deeper commitment.  In this day and age, the concept of courtship...