Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Blog

Self-Defense and Safety Tips

By Laurie Toich
September 23, 2014 - 6:50pm

A large concern in today’s world is safety. We hear stories of people getting robbed or attacked every day. As a female college student the fear of these things happening is constant. Last year in Glassboro alone there were 18 robberies, 14 assaults, and 329 thefts in the year 2012 (more information can be found at http://www.usa.com/glassboro-nj-crime-and-crime-rate.htm). Those statistics show that Glassboro is not the safest town to be living in. As a female college student, it is always best to make sure that you’re safe at night and aware of the dangers that are out there. Here are some safety tips/tricks:   READ...

Happy Living

By naveenk94
September 21, 2014 - 10:11pm

Healthy living. It is everywhere these days. You can barely go a day without hearing the words “organic,” “exercise” or “fit.” Granted, Green Zebra is a fantastic place to eat without feeling guilty, and a little jog on the treadmill never really hurt anyone, but I have the ultimate health tip.             No, I’m not here to advertise a new supplement, or try to convince you to start jogging through the campus at 5 a.m. because let’s get real, if I were, you would stop reading this right here. Am I right?             No, instead I’m here to tell you that even if you eat and drink greens and run miles each day, you still may be putting your health at risk. Confused? Come with me now. READ MORE...

Meet the Greeks

By Kaila Wyatt
September 14, 2014 - 1:08pm

READ MORE

What it’s like to live in a college house of six females

By Jacqueline Klecak
May 4, 2014 - 9:48pm

The smell of hair burning on a curling iron, the sound of Beyoncé blasting, and cute decorations and inspirational quotes everywhere in sight. If those are the first things that come to mind when you think of six college-aged females living in an off-campus house together, then you’d be correct. READ MORE

7 Signs You are a Creative Writer

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:08pm

7. Colors are not just colors. Blue is no longer blue when you see it. Its cobalt, turquoise, the color of a Dasani bottle. The fact of the matter is, you no longer use the generalized name of a color when describing things outside of the writing world. “He had chocolate brown, ruffled hair and emerald green eyes in the shape of almonds.” Or something like that. 6. Books and other authors are sometimes your enemy. READ MORE

Spring Has Sprung Playlist

By Erin Maglietta
April 20, 2014 - 10:14pm

As a spring baby, I thrive in warm weather and live for the days I can wear dresses and shorts, and go on a drive to nowhere with the windows down.   Listen to these songs on your way to class, driving in your car, or any time in between!   1. Needle - Born Ruffians 2. Boys Chase Girls - Ingrid Michaelson 3. Teardrop - Massive Attack 4. Team - Lorde 5. Fight to Keep - Run River North 6. Riptide - Vance Joy 7. À tout à l'heure- Bibio 8. Wild - Car Kids 9. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles 10. I Wanna Go - Summer Hearts 11. Forever - Haim 12. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend 13. After Hours - We Are Scientists 14. Millions - Hannah Georgas (*explicit*) READ MORE

8 signs you are obsessed with being a journalism major

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 10, 2014 - 9:03pm

1. When your roommates/friends can’t find you for hours because you are: Interviewing someone for an article Taking pictures for an article Writing an article 2. When your roommates/friends talk about any classmate, professor, or well-known person on campus and you’re like “Oh yeah I know them. I interviewed them once.” READ MORE

Grilly Cheese: restaurant review

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 7, 2014 - 10:51pm

Not only does Glassboro’s newest restaurant, which just opened on Tuesday,  serve mouthwatering melted cheese sandwiches, it’s also open until midnight, delivers, and accepts Rowan University’s currency, Boro Bucks. Yep, Grilly Cheese located at 22 East High Street is perfect for college students on a budget, picky kids and even vegetarians. I am a huge cheese lover. American, Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar- I love them all. When I heard about a new grilled cheese restaurant, appropriately named Grilly Cheese, I couldn’t wait to go. READ MORE

The 7 People You Meet in College

By Jaymilynn Rivera
March 29, 2014 - 1:23pm

The 7 People You Meet in College Each fresh and eager freshmen has high expectations of the people they may meet in college. They have seen the movies, read all the articles and have heard the stories of those older than them. So here’s a rundown of the 7 most common people you will meet in college. #7- The Person who is Involved in Everything. READ MORE

Women & Weights

By Laurie Toich
March 15, 2014 - 11:05pm

When wanting to lose weight a lot of women stick to cardio (yoga, running on the treadmill, using the spin bike or elliptical) and do some ab work outs. While cardio is a good way to warm up, it should not be the only exercise done for effective weight loss.  Many women choose cardio over weight lifting because they think that lifting will make them bulky. I’m here to tell you that lifting weights is good for you and will make you lean not bulky. Here are some reasons why women should get into the weight room and lift.   READ MORE