Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Archives

This week’s Campus Cutie is brought to you by the Radio-Television-Film department.

By Erin Maglietta
April 15, 2014 - 8:52pm

Name: Matthew Torres Age: 20 years old Major: Radio/Television/Film major   Where you can find him: I only really spend time in Bozorth.  Most of my classes are in the auditorium there, so when I'm not in class I might be in the Rowan Television Network's office or Cinema Workshop's office.  You might also find me in the student center shooting a segment for On The Couch.   READ MORE

Julia Voltis Shaves Her Head in Support of Childhood Cancer Research

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 15, 2014 - 8:50pm

By: Savannah Gaeckler Julia “Jul” Voltis, a Liberal Studies and Elementary Education major at Rowan University, shaved her head the day before her 23rd birthday in the honor of six beautiful little girls. READ MORE

8 signs you are obsessed with being a journalism major

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 10, 2014 - 9:03pm

1. When your roommates/friends can’t find you for hours because you are: Interviewing someone for an article Taking pictures for an article Writing an article 2. When your roommates/friends talk about any classmate, professor, or well-known person on campus and you’re like “Oh yeah I know them. I interviewed them once.” READ MORE

what's your favorite current series?

By Jacqueline Klecak

Grilly Cheese: restaurant review

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 7, 2014 - 10:51pm

Not only does Glassboro’s newest restaurant, which just opened on Tuesday,  serve mouthwatering melted cheese sandwiches, it’s also open until midnight, delivers, and accepts Rowan University’s currency, Boro Bucks. Yep, Grilly Cheese located at 22 East High Street is perfect for college students on a budget, picky kids and even vegetarians. I am a huge cheese lover. American, Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar- I love them all. When I heard about a new grilled cheese restaurant, appropriately named Grilly Cheese, I couldn’t wait to go. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Joe Lehocky '14

By Laurie Toich
April 6, 2014 - 6:04pm

Ladies, if you want to meet a genuine and kind hearted guy at this school (they do exist) Joe is your guy! He’s not afraid to be goofy and is one of the sweetest guys. He’s heavily involved with many organizations on campus and would do anything for a friend. These are just some of the reasons he’s this week’s campus cutie. Year: Senior 2014 Hometown: Middletown, NJ: it is about 1 hour and 30 minutes north of Rowan Major: Public relations major/advertising minor Plans after Rowan: Pursue graduate school to earn a Masters in Counseling in Educational Settings READ MORE

Rowan University’s Housing Waitlist Brings Concerns to Commuters

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 6, 2014 - 5:58pm

READ MORE

Rowan Television Network's Telethon

By Erin Maglietta
April 6, 2014 - 5:47pm

Wednesday nights inside of Bozorth Hall are usually dull, but that wasn’t the case this past Wednesday, April 2nd. Beginning at 4:00 p.m., students and professional staff came together to rehearse for the Rowan Television Network’s annual telethon. In it’s seventh year, the RTN Telethon is raising money for the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey. With a variety of entertainment and informational interviews broadcasting live over a five hour time span, RTN hopes to reach their $6,500 goal. READ MORE

Game of Thrones Visual Effects Coordinator, Adam Chazen, is Blazing a Trail Through The Film and Television Industries

By Erin Maglietta
March 30, 2014 - 10:06pm

It’s reassuring to hear, as a student who is on the verge of entering the “real world,” that someone in your chosen field has “made it.” Being a Radio-Television-Film major, I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for those who have graduated and are beginning to, or have managed to find, comfort and safety within a new niche. I am sure it’s like that within all fields of study. Knowing that life outside of college is manageable and dare I say it, even fun sometimes amidst the adult-ness, is pretty cool. READ MORE

Ashlee Petroski: Co- founder and President of Rowan’s Equestrian Team

By Laurie Toich
March 29, 2014 - 3:11pm

Ashlee’s favorite quote is “It doesn't matter how good you are, it matters if you have the passion,” and that sums up the reason she wanted to bring the love of horseback riding to Rowan University. Ever since she was a child she had a passion for animals and it has been a huge part of her life. READ MORE