Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Archives

The Truth about Plan B

By Jaymilynn Rivera
October 25, 2014 - 9:02pm

First (and most importantly) Plan B is not an abortion pill. It will not stop pregnancy if you are already pregnant. Secondly, Plan B must be taken as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) as sperm can live inside the female reproductive system for up to 6 days. You may want to take Plan B if your routine birth control failed, a condom broke or you had unprotected sex. Plan B is not as effective as routine birth control, and should only be taken in cases of an emergency. Side effects that may come with taking Plan-B are as followed: Menstrual changes Nausea Lower stomach (abdominal) pain READ MORE

Double Feature Movie Night: Christine & Oculus

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 25, 2014 - 8:56pm

Join us in the Student Center Ballroom to watch a double feature of movies on a large projected screen. The first movie will be Christine, starting at 7:30pm, followed by Oculus shown at 9:00pm. The event is free and includes popcorn and a soda! There is a raffle for movie posters and best seat in the house as well. READ MORE

5 Different Halloween Costumes from the Same LBD!

By Alexis Jacobsen
October 25, 2014 - 7:57pm

1. Tiger: If you don't feel like being a cat (the most common college girl Halloween costume of all time), you can totally be a tiger! Just put your ears on and black and orange body paint wherever you please!   READ MORE

14 Thoughts Every College Girl Has On Halloween

By Lindsey Brodowski
October 25, 2014 - 7:36pm

1. The scariest part of Halloween in college?  Having class that day.   2.  Why don’t professors cancel class on Halloween?  Chances are I won’t be paying attention unless the professor is dressed up and passing out candy.   3.  You know what else is scary?  November starts tomorrow.   4.  If my costume doesn’t work out, I can always dress up as a biker chick.   5.  Someone please tell me Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown are on TV today.   6. Where are we going out tonight?  Frat house? Friend’s house?  As long as we go to a place where I can wear a costume, I’m fine with anything.   7. How’s my costume?  And my hair? Do I need lipstick?   READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Megan Meyer

By Laurie Toich
October 25, 2014 - 7:28pm

vertical-align:baseline">Hometown: Manalapan, NJ   Relationship Status: Single.   Major: Early Childhood Education with a dual major in Writing Arts with a specialization in Creative Writing.   Plans after Rowan: Teach preschool in a low-income area.   Astrological Sign: Aries   Favorite Color: Orange   Goal for Future: Open my own preschool.   READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Sofia Khorosh

By Sammi Caramela
October 25, 2014 - 6:33pm

Name: Sofia Khorosh Age: 19 Talent: Singing       HC: When did you begin performing? Sofia: My first live performance in front of a large crowd was at the age of 6 on a cruise ship. It was for a talent show, and I was the first person to go up too. I was scared out of my wits because I had only performed in front of my family prior to that. I did talent shows and school functions after that, but I started performing and doing gigs regularly when I was 14.   HC: What has been your favorite show so far? READ MORE

How to Deal with the Chilly Weather

By Naveen Khan
October 19, 2014 - 6:31pm

Ah, fall. The trees change color, the mosquitoes disappear. Hot cocoa galore, pumpkins everywhere, haunted houses, bonfires and the inevitable cold that accompanies it all. If you’re more of a summer and spring kind of person rather than fall and winter, these upcoming chilly months are not the greatest part of the year. I am myself a fall lover, but I still get cold. I mean, we’re all human, right? Here are some ways that can help keep you warm till spring break. READ MORE

Murder Mystery Dinner

By Savannah Gaeckler
October 18, 2014 - 11:12pm

Kick off the Halloween season with RAH's "Sherlock" -style Murder Mystery Dinner. A pasta will be served to the first 100 Rowan Students at 9:30 PM and the show will begin at 10:00 PM. READ MORE

Favorite Books And Drinks For Fall

By Savannah Gaeckler
October 18, 2014 - 9:02pm

Fall is the perfect time to curl up with a treat and read. We asked our contributors and readers to share their favorites with us on Instagram by snapping a photo of their favorite thing to read, along with their favorite accompanying drink or snack using the #HerCampusRowan + by tagging us with @HerCampusRowan. Here are some of our responses! READ MORE

Her Campus Back To School Survival Kit

By Chiyonte Warren
October 18, 2014 - 7:59pm

The ladies from Her Campus Nationals have definitely whipped up an amazing Back-To-School Survival Kit to make any collegiette's life a breeze and we are extremely grateful.   Our kits were filled with goodies to make a girl's life a whole lot easier. Need a new wardrobe for the fall activities? Well with ten dollars off one's entire purchase we will definitely get a bang for our buck. READ MORE