Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Archives

What do you do to stay focused during finals?

By Erin Maglietta

Friends since the first day: Alyssa Cooney and Kaylin DeSantos

By Jacqueline Klecak
April 21, 2014 - 12:04am

Alyssa Cooney and Kaylin DeSantos freshman year: 2011/2012          Alyssa Cooney and Kaylin DeSantos junior year: 2013/2014 READ MORE

Spring Has Sprung Playlist

By Erin Maglietta
April 20, 2014 - 10:14pm

As a spring baby, I thrive in warm weather and live for the days I can wear dresses and shorts, and go on a drive to nowhere with the windows down.   Listen to these songs on your way to class, driving in your car, or any time in between!   1. Needle - Born Ruffians 2. Boys Chase Girls - Ingrid Michaelson 3. Teardrop - Massive Attack 4. Team - Lorde 5. Fight to Keep - Run River North 6. Riptide - Vance Joy 7. À tout à l'heure- Bibio 8. Wild - Car Kids 9. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles 10. I Wanna Go - Summer Hearts 11. Forever - Haim 12. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend 13. After Hours - We Are Scientists 14. Millions - Hannah Georgas (*explicit*) READ MORE

Springfest

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 18, 2014 - 9:25pm

Event Date & Time: Saturday, April 26th, 2014- 1:00pm-5:00pm Location: Intramural Field / Rain Site: REC Center Gym Welcome Spring with a day of boardwalk-themed food and attractions in the sun! Attractions include Velcro Drag Racing, a Mechanical Shark, Henna Tattoos, Caricatures and more!   READ MORE

RAH: Prof Pride $1,000 Bingo

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 18, 2014 - 9:23pm

Event Date & Time: April 25th, 2014 - 9:00pm to April 26th, 2014 - 12:00am Location: Student Center Pit Test your luck at Bingo for a chance to win Prof-themed apparel and prizes! Doors: 9:00pm / Bingo begins at 9:30pm READ MORE

Lil' Sibs Weekend

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 18, 2014 - 9:21pm

Event Dates: Friday, April 25th, 2014 12:00am – Monday, April 28th, 2014 12:00am Register your younger siblings for a weekend of fun events including a Dive-In Movie viewing of Frozen, Open Swim at the REC Center, a Planetarium Show and more! For additional information, visit www.rowan.edu/studentactivities READ MORE

Movie Night: Frozen

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 18, 2014 - 9:18pm

Event Date & Time: Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 - 9:00pm Location: Student Center Ballroom See the popular Disney film, Frozen, for free in the Student Center Ballroom and enjoy popcorn, drinks and snacks. Doors: 8:30pm / Starts: 9:10pm READ MORE

I Envy the Closets of Those Rosewood Girls: Hanna Marin

By Carly Szabo
April 16, 2014 - 5:43pm

I recently started watching ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, playing “catch up” on Netflix. Needless to say, the plot and the characters are addicting (I watched seasons 1-3 in a matter of weeks). But the one thing even more addicting than the constant twists and turns of the storyline is the clothing worn by each character! I am obsessed with the fashion in the show, always thinking of ways to emulate the characters with my own wardrobe. READ MORE

Q&A with Sophia Pettiford, Creator of Twenteeplus.com

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 16, 2014 - 5:16pm

This week HerCampus had the opportunity to speak with Sophia Pettiford, founder and creator, of Twenteeplus.com. A wesbite for all those 20+ featuring articles and news from all different genres. Pettiford is a student at Rowan University who created the website for a class of hers.      I hear you started this website because of an assignment. What class was this for?  Yes, I did. It started for my Participatory Media class with Professor Maria Simone.   What was the assignment?  READ MORE

2014 Denise Gess Literary Awards

By Laurie Toich
April 16, 2014 - 5:07pm

Last Thursday, April 10th , Rowan students and faculty gathered at Barnes and Nobel to attend the 2014 Literary Awards. The competition required students who wanted to participate to submit a short story, a collection of poetry and/or a creative nonfiction piece. Students from all majors were encouraged to submit. READ MORE