Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Archives

What it’s like to live in a college house of six females

By Jacqueline Klecak
May 4, 2014 - 9:48pm

The smell of hair burning on a curling iron, the sound of Beyoncé blasting, and cute decorations and inspirational quotes everywhere in sight. If those are the first things that come to mind when you think of six college-aged females living in an off-campus house together, then you’d be correct. READ MORE

This summer's newest hairstyle trend

By Jaymilynn Rivera
May 4, 2014 - 8:45pm

The braid  Braided hair has been making its way back ever since Jennifer Lawrence began the trend when she potrayed Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, but there are different types of braided hair aside from Katniss. Braiding hair is an easy (after much practice) routine that can make your hair look classic, sexy, fun or messy. Here are some other braids to try out for the summer! The Fishtail Braid- for a classy yet simple look.    The French-Fishtail Braid- for an elegant look   READ MORE

What are your plans for the summer?

By Jaymilynn Rivera

5 Things You Probably Haven't Noticed Around Rowan University

By Savannah Gaeckler
May 4, 2014 - 6:26pm

1. The architectural glass piece “Glassboro Kaleidoscope” in James Hall, formerly known as Education Hall, was made for the building. 2. On the Student Center patio and outside the Science Building, GSC is in the pavement. The letters stand for Glassboro State College.  3. Profs Place used to be a bookstore, the main dining hall and a bar called The Rathskellar. READ MORE

Rhythm and Prose

By Laurie Toich
April 28, 2014 - 3:51pm

It is always a show when two of the school’s clubs can come together and have an event together especially Avant and Lyrical Alliance. Avant is the school’s literary magazine and its members deal with short stories as well. Lyrical Alliance deals more with slam poetry and the spoken word. The two coming together is always an exciting event.                 Rhythm and Prose is an event in which the members of Avant Literary Magazine and Lyrical Alliance team up and do what they love- read poetry. They will be reading poems both old and new. Some poems that Avant will be reading are from published Avant magazines from the past. READ MORE

17th Annual STEM Symposium

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:22pm

Rowan University STEM Student Research Symposium   The 2014 17th Annual STEM Symposium took place on April 25, 2014 inside the Eynon Ballroom within the Chamberlain Student Center on Rowan’s Glassboro campus. The symposium followed a tentative schedule divided in three sections. Session I: 9:00 - 10:45 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster I Intermission Session II: 11:15 - 1:00 - includes Biomedical Research Cluster II & Energy Research Cluster Intermission Session III: 1:30 - 3:15 - includes Pharmaceutical Research Cluster & Computer Games & Applications Cluster READ MORE

7 Signs You are a Creative Writer

By Jaymilynn Rivera
April 26, 2014 - 9:08pm

7. Colors are not just colors. Blue is no longer blue when you see it. Its cobalt, turquoise, the color of a Dasani bottle. The fact of the matter is, you no longer use the generalized name of a color when describing things outside of the writing world. “He had chocolate brown, ruffled hair and emerald green eyes in the shape of almonds.” Or something like that. 6. Books and other authors are sometimes your enemy. READ MORE

What to Wear to Your Friend's Graduation

By Savannah Gaeckler
April 26, 2014 - 8:41pm

As graduation season approaches, so do the ceremonies and parties! Discover options of what to wear below. Most importantly, consider the graduation venue. If it is taking place on a field, avoid heels at all costs (unless you'd like to take a tumble and waddle around with one snapped heel for the rest of the afternoon) and bring sunglasses as well as an umbrella (don't be caught without one, unexpected downpours seem to love graduations). If it takes place inside, grab a light cardigan to slip on if you get chilly. You can't go wrong with your favorite sundress. Dress it up with a colored cardigan or denim jacket, necklace and wedges.    READ MORE

Rowan Radio Cutie

By Erin Maglietta
April 26, 2014 - 6:24pm

If you're a Rowan student involved with Communications at all - you might have heard of this week's Campus Cutie, Tyler Mulvey! Read on to learn more about this Rowan Radio Cutie! Name: Tyler Mulvey   Age: 22   Major/minor/concentration: Public Relations Major. Double Minor in Advertising and Journalism. Concentration on Radio/TV/Film   READ MORE

What do you do to stay focused during finals?

By Erin Maglietta