Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Rowan Archives

How to Deal with the Chilly Weather

By Naveen Khan
October 19, 2014 - 6:31pm

Ah, fall. The trees change color, the mosquitoes disappear. Hot cocoa galore, pumpkins everywhere, haunted houses, bonfires and the inevitable cold that accompanies it all. If you’re more of a summer and spring kind of person rather than fall and winter, these upcoming chilly months are not the greatest part of the year. I am myself a fall lover, but I still get cold. I mean, we’re all human, right? Here are some ways that can help keep you warm till spring break. READ MORE

Murder Mystery Dinner

By Savannah Gaeckler
October 18, 2014 - 11:12pm

Kick off the Halloween season with RAH's "Sherlock" -style Murder Mystery Dinner. A pasta will be served to the first 100 Rowan Students at 9:30 PM and the show will begin at 10:00 PM. READ MORE

Favorite Books And Drinks For Fall

By Savannah Gaeckler
October 18, 2014 - 9:02pm

Fall is the perfect time to curl up with a treat and read. We asked our contributors and readers to share their favorites with us on Instagram by snapping a photo of their favorite thing to read, along with their favorite accompanying drink or snack using the #HerCampusRowan + by tagging us with @HerCampusRowan. Here are some of our responses! READ MORE

Her Campus Back To School Survival Kit

By Chiyonte Warren
October 18, 2014 - 7:59pm

The ladies from Her Campus Nationals have definitely whipped up an amazing Back-To-School Survival Kit to make any collegiette's life a breeze and we are extremely grateful.   Our kits were filled with goodies to make a girl's life a whole lot easier. Need a new wardrobe for the fall activities? Well with ten dollars off one's entire purchase we will definitely get a bang for our buck. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Hannah Magann

By gabbi principato
October 18, 2014 - 3:41pm

Hannah Magann   Hannah’s Age: 18 Hannah’s Hometown: Delran, New Jersey Hannah’s Year: Freshman Hannah’s Major: Exploratory Studies Hannah’s Favorite music: Boy-bands and Summer Hits of the 90’s Pandora station Hannah’s Favorite TV show: XOXO Gossip Girl, anything on HGTV or TLC READ MORE

What Does Rowan Mean To You?

By Lindsey Brodowski
October 18, 2014 - 3:12pm

Over the last week, students on campus came took a break from cramming for midterms and making their spring scheduled to celebrate homecoming. It is a week in the school year where the bleachers are packed, the energy level is high, and the students are wearing their school colors rather than complaining about them. Rowan is currently home to over ten thousand students, and each one has a different view on what our school means to them. So, as we celebrated the brown and gold profs on Saturday before the football game against Morrisville State College, I asked Rowan students what Rowan meant to them. And although each student answered differently, each of them had answer full of Prof Pride. 
READ MORE...

American Horror Story new season review

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 15, 2014 - 1:41am

With the second episode of the 5th season of American Horror Story airing tonight I figured I’d recap and review last week’s premier. Let me start off by saying I am not a fan of scary things, I actually hate them. I refuse to go to Fright Fest with my friends at Six Flags, I’ve never seen Insidious or The Conjuring and I don’t plan on it. But I enjoyed, if you can enjoy something gruesome and strange, or rather was glued to the television during the 1st episode of AHS’s Freak show.   The camera angles, the suspense, the idea of freak show itself was riveting and attention grabbing. As the bearded lady, the host of the freak show, put it, “A plethora of the strange, the weird the bizarre,” perfectly sums up the characteristics of this season.  ...

5 Essential Tips For Applying To Studying Abroad

By Sami Goldin, Melissa Heath
October 11, 2014 - 11:18pm

When going to college, many students think of the different opportunities they can make in college. For example, students think it is an amazing opportunity to study abroad. Being that Melissa decided to study abroad, the two of us have been on a journey through the applying process. We thought it would be helpful to think of 5 essential tips while applying to study abroad.   READ MORE

A Slice of Life at Rowan: The Freshmen and the Dancing Portal

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 11, 2014 - 8:07pm

As I entered The Game Room in the Rowan University student center, right behind Wow Wingery, I heard the rhythm of stomping shoes. As I moved closer I heard video game sound effects. I saw bright lights and a small stage. Three students were mesmerized by the machine craeting these noises and lights. But they weren’t talking. There was so speaking while these students bounced and skipped on this mini stage in The Food Court. It was a serious game of Dance Dance Revolution. READ MORE

Annual Lip Sync Competition

By Jacqueline Klecak
October 11, 2014 - 7:57pm

Get ready for the traditional Homecoming Lip Sync Competition hosted by comedian, Lucas Bohn. Grab some friends, find your favorite tune, dress up, and compete against other Rowan students for $1,000 in prizes! Information about the competition and how to sign up as either an individual or as a group can be found at www.rowan.edu/homecoming READ MORE