Apply to the Idea Challenge!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The Idea Challenge is a competition at Rowan University hosted by the Rowan Innovation Venture Fund, the $5 million fund on campus that makes equity-investments in student, faculty and mostly local ideas. Students apply to the Challenge with an early-stage idea and if selected as one of the top 25 submissions, you go through a 2-month long process of building a business model, learning to pitch, and building a team. The time commitment is low, with only one meeting per week and an hour or two of work each week outside of the gatherings.

So, why should you apply?

–     You can win $500-$1500 if your idea is chosen as one of the top 3 in November.

–     At the final competition, you pitch to angel investors (people who might invest thousands or millions of dollars in your idea!)

–     You find a team. You might be an art student with an idea for a new hairbrush, but you don’t know how to create financial statements. This is fine! We will find someone who has these skills to join your team.

–     Recognition on campus.

–     A launchpad to the Business Model Competition, then the Accelerator Program, then RIVF funding!

The I.C. is a great opportunity for students of all majors to challenge themselves in terms of creativity and scrappiness. I helped to create the competition with Danielle DiMacale and Jenna Dickinson #girlpower. Last year was the first time we held the event and this year we have made it even better!

Here is the link to learn more: www.rowan.edu/ideachallenge

If you have any questions, email me at nuzzoloa9@students.rowan.edu

I am a senior at Rowan University studying marketing and entrepreneurship. I love reading and cooking vegan meals!