Ali Robitaille

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Many students at Rowan are working towards something that is close to their hearts. In the case of this week’s Campus Celebrity, she is working towards several charities that each hold a special place in her heart.

Ali Robitaille is the Philanthropist Chair for Delta Phi Epsilon’s Rowan chapter. This month (October 6th to be exact), Ali worked with her sorority and fundraised $360 for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  The date of the fundraiser actually marked the 9 year anniversary of the death of Ali’s grandmother, who passed away from breast cancer. The alignment of the dates was completely coincidental – or perhaps it was fate!

Other than raising money for cancer research and treatment, Ali also organizes other philanthropies as well. Currently she is working on a project titled D for Dude Pageant, which is for ANAD (Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders), which is a male pageant directed towards promoting positive body images and ending eating disorders.

Last Spring, Ali helped plan, organize, and fundraise at a Cystic Fibrosis Ball, an annual tradition in the sorority. She is also responsible for handling all Delta Phi Epsilon fundraising tables in the student center, who take donations for various different philanthropies that are either supported by the sorority as a whole or by the individual sisters. If any of the sorority sisters are working towards raising money for their own philanthropy, Ali helps them set up tables to fundraise and reach their goals.

There are other philanthropies Ali works towards. She enjoys running and training for Spartan Races with her dad. She says that Spartan Race community is very uplifting and motivational.

Other than raising money for local philanthropies, Ali is also deeply devoted to her educational and career goals. As an elementary education major, she is in the elementary education club and is really excited to get more involved in the activities. Not only is she devoted with her studies, but Ali is also a substitute teacher in her spare time. Teaching is Ali’s passion, she loves everything about it and strives to better herself in every way she can. She hopes to teach middle elementary school one day (grades 2-4), and one day hopes to be a superintendent so she can have a direct hand in helping change the school systems.

When Ali isn’t raising money, going to class, attending club meetings, or substitute teaching, she works at the Rec Center as a Main Office Assistant and a Swim Instructor. In the summer, she is a counselor at the summer camp Kid’s Rule.

Her commitment to the Rec does not stop with her work – Ali also takes part in Intramurals and this past week, took part in several homecoming events such as battleship. Intramural sports she plays are soccer and flag football.

This week’s campus celebrity goes above and beyond the call of duty in helping out others. Whether it is a direct donation, encouragement, or simply participation, she loves working towards what she loves!

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!