8 signs you are obsessed with being a journalism major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

1. When your roommates/friends can’t find you for hours because you are:

• Interviewing someone for an article
  • Taking pictures for an article
  • Writing an article

2. When your roommates/friends talk about any classmate, professor, or well-known person on campus and you’re like “Oh yeah I know them. I interviewed them once.”

3. When you see a potential article in everything. – Even when you are at a party you secretly want to write down funny quotes or brainstorm for your article comparing freshmen and senior behavior.

4. When you can’t read an article without taking note of the writer’s voice and structure. You don’t even really care about the content- you are too busy admiring their craftsmanship.

5. When your roommate, who is a psych major, is talking about this creepy serial killer she learned about in class and your first thought is- “Wow that serial killer would make such a great profile article.” 

6. When your friends decide your new nickname is “Interview Lover.”

7. When you have a never-ending “note” in your phone of random thoughts and story ideas such as, “Why are most roofs pointed instead of flat?” and “Why do some rings turn your finger green?”

8. When you wake up in the middle of the night because you just dreamt of the perfect lead or you jump out of the shower to scribble down the amazing article idea that just came to you.