6 Ways to Avoid Feeling SAD This Time of Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Well ladies it’s that time of the year again; the time where the weather is changing and when the days get shorter and the sun sets faster. I don’t know about you but I really hate this time of year. I always feel like there is nothing to do that is fun and all I want to do is stay cuddled up in my warm bed and watch Netflix until I fall asleep. However, I know I can’t waste everyday like that so I was thinking and came up with a list of ways to get into the fall spirit to realize that this time of year isn’t so bad after.

1. The Holidays are coming!

That’s right! As soon as September hits we all know that Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are on the way so those are always fun times to look forward too with family and friends.

2. Go to a pumpkin patch!

Grab some friends and head over to the closest pumpkin patch near you. Go for a hayride and pick some pumpkins. After you leave the farm head on back to a friends house to carve and paint the pumpkins.

3. Go apple picking!

Gather your family and friends and take a road trip to an apple farm where you can go pick many delicious apples. Also, while your there don’t forget to snap some cute pictures for Instagram.

4. Watch Halloween movies!  

Invite your besties over for a cozy night in filled with hot chocolate, fuzzy socks, and scary movies!

5. Go on a Starbucks date!

Nope doesn’t require a significant other! Grab anyone you would like to hang out with and head on over to your closest Starbucks to grab a pumpkin flavored drink and a sweet treat.

6. Go outside!

Although it is cold outside the air is fresher and the scenery is so beautiful. Head on outside for a walk or simply to read a good book and enjoy the leaves falling to ground.

Hello! I am a freshman at Rowan University studying Elementary Ed and English. I hope you enjoy my writing!
I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.