The 5 Types Of People You’ll Meet At House Parties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

In the world of under-21 fun, most of us inevitably attend our fair share of college house parties. Some nights are better than others for sure, but without a doubt you can always count on encountering at least one of each of the following types of people at your typical Rowan house party:

1. The creeper

So you’re having a good time at the party and a random guy who you don’t know keeps asking you to dance, and you repeatedly turn him down. He continues to follow you around and create awkward situations. Your friends laugh at you and think this is funny, but you just want to get out of there as soon as possible.

2. The highly promiscuous girl

The girl who is in a corner making out with some guy she just met and then moves on to the next guy. She clearly does not care about what others think about her and her only goal is to have fun. Yes, that kind of fun.

3. Beer Pong Douche

No matter who this person is they have the mindset that the game belongs to them. They will keep score, explain their rules, tell you what you’re doing wrong, tell you that you suck at the game, and will be on your ass the entire time.

4. The too-drunk friend

Everyone has this friend. You’re with a group of friends and there is always that one who is done for the night but insists on continuing to drink because he/she “is fine.” You try to give them water instead of beer in the hopes that they won’t notice, but they’re pretty much out of anyone’s hands.

5. The Mom

This friend is pretty self explanatory. She closely monitors her alcohol intake, if drinking at all, so that she’ll be competent and alert when it comes time to take the aforementioned too-drunk friend home. She will most likely resent her role as The Mom from time to time, but continues to do it knowing that if she doesn’t, no one else will.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!