This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The dust has started to settle and the semester is officially underway. How can you guarantee a good one? Perhaps one, more, or all of these tips can help.

1. Write down your assignments. It is very easy to fall into the mindset of not writing things down, because you’re convinced you will remember it. But don’t do that. Give your brain a chance and for goodness sake write down your assignments and obligations!
  2. Make a study group: Classes are stressful. Find people to help you get through it. Studying together is not only socializing which is healthy, it also a great way to learn from one another. A team that studies together passes together!
  3. Find a stress reliever: It can be easy to take a lot on your plate and spiral down an endless whirl of meetings, homework, events, and work, but if you do not find a way to burn off your stress then it can be detrimental to your health. Do anything; work out, nap, cook, clean, or create. Your stress reliever is yours to own!
  4. Establish a sleep routine. This article has a list of ways to reset your sleep schedule so that you can make sure you do not sleep through your 8am, but also so that you do not toss and turn in bed, unable to sleep, until the sun rises!
  5. Get organized: Hopefully by now you have your textbooks and school supplies, and hopefully they’re organized too! But if not, it’s never too late. Go through your syllabuses and write down important assignments and deadlines right now, so you’ll know they’re coming up. Highlight, use post it notes, canaries – whatever method of organization that you need.

Now, get cracking! Good luck!

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!
I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.