5 Beach Day Hacks to Get You Through the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The Water Jug

Why struggle through lugging 5 water bottles across the hot sand? 1-2 water jugs and reusable cups work just as well, and create less plastic waste.

Set Your Sunscreen

I know what you’re thinking: you want me to wear makeup to the beach? Hear me out! I swear my face is the one part of my body that rarely burns and that is because the sunscreen does not wear off as easily after being set. So, I’d like to thank translucent powder for that feat. Highly recommend giving it a try.

Watermelon

Aside from being a staple summertime food, watermelon is high in lycopene, which helps protect your body from harmful UV rays and acts like a natural sunblock when eaten. This antioxidant is also found in foods like tomatoes and pomegranate. I don’t suggest ditching the sunblock altogether, but adding more watermelon into your diet may help keep the rays off your skin.

DIY Tie-Dye Beach Blanket

Instead of buying one of the hella cute, but hella pricey beach blankets, take an old white sheet from your freshman dorm set, and tie dye it! There are lots of cute patterns and designs to do learn! Here is an article that gives you step by step directions.

The Classic Sandwich Bagged Cell Phone

The final hack I present you all with: put your cellphone in a sandwich bag before hitting the beach. It’s way easier than trying to pick the sand out of the many phone crevices, and usually the touch screen still works while bagged.

Junior Writing Arts major. Concentrations in Creative Writing and New Media and Publishing. Blogger, vegetarian, plant mom, tea enthusiast. https://nickelanddimepiece.wordpress.com/