This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

**Disclaimer: The following article is written from a liberal perspective. This perspective is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily represent the rest of the Her Campus staff.**

We will be okay. The presidential race is but one aspect of the fight to shatter the glass ceiling. I am fully aware of the hypocrisy in my tone; that if Hillary had won we would be celebrating and putting her up on a pedestal, and now that she has lost we are downplaying it. I get it, but in order for us to move forward as women and as American citizens, we must have hope. 

In her concession speech secretary Clinton her self put it most eloquently. She said, “I’ve had successes and I’ve had setbacks – sometimes really painful ones. Many of you are at the beginning of your professional, public and political careers. You will have successes and setbacks too. This loss hurts. But please, never stop believing that fighting for what’s right is worth it. It is. It is worth it. And so, we need you to keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives.”

It is on that note that we must pick ourselves up, hold our heads up high, and keep fighting for the equality that we deserve. Do not be discouraged by this outcome, instead be proud of how far we have come. Regardless of your party there have been many strong women represented in this race. We have heard arguments from Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein, and Carly Fiorina. Though none of these women were able to make it into the Whitehouse to serve, they are all crusaders in the fight to have women represented in all parties. It is because of this that I say we will be okay, maybe not today, maybe not in the next four years, but eventually everything will be okay. 

Bailey is a sophomore at the University of Rochester in New York. She plans on double majoring in Psychology and Anthropology. On campus Bailey is a part of many clubs including Grassroots, UR Equestrian Team, Undergrad Psychology Counsel, and UR Photography Club.